Around the League 2019-20 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I mean we can't throw stones considering we live in the "got shutout by the accountant Hawks emergency goalie" glass-house but atleast we had the excuse that we were leading the division and maybe weren't playing with much intensity. But to get outshot 10-7 in the 3rd period while your playoff lives are on the line while being down just 1 goal to start the 3rd period against a 42 year old emergency goalie has got to be confidence shaking in that Leafs locker room.

The Toronto media is going to destroy them... I almost feel bad for the Leafs players.

I don’t .....

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Leafs board tonight, yes they are using pillows as they are as soft as their team

G0gK.gif

Reactions: Jets 31 and SUX2BU

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Emergency goalies are on the verge of remaining undefeated, so I think they're good enough.

How embarrassing for the leafs -
Yea - I guess they are good enough -
Then again, he had 5 guys playing D in front of him - but, fun to watch - especially the Leafs

Reactions: snowkiddin

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Right. Like in Winnipeg it’s ex Bison university goalies still in their 20s or early 30s that can play.

Burke was just on stating the league should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this - they couldn't find a better / younger goaltender in the GTA?
As per Burke - Twilight zone :D

Reactions: sipowicz

Whileee

May 29, 2010
People like to give Chevy a rough ride around here but at least he isn’t as bad as Dubas.

Horrific trade to bring in Barrie, a defenceman that they didn’t need. Plus, he got bent over on the Marner, Matthews and Tavares contracts.
Also, the boy wonder coach is looking pretty shaky. Benched his top 6, and nobody seems happy or confident. Run and gun is catching up to the Leafs as teams start playing for keeps.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I mean we can't throw stones considering we live in the "got shutout by the accountant Hawks emergency goalie" glass-house but atleast we had the excuse that we were leading the division and maybe weren't playing with much intensity. But to get outshot 10-7 in the 3rd period while your playoff lives are on the line while being down just 1 goal to start the 3rd period against a 42 year old emergency goalie has got to be confidence shaking in that Leafs locker room.

The Toronto media is going to destroy them... I almost feel bad for the Leafs players.
Hard to feel sorry for players that squeezed the Leafs for 11M contracts.

Not sure having a "new age" coach is helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad