Around the League 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2005
CA
The Leafs are going to make a boat load of money this season, you guys are forgetting that is also part of the GM's job and maybe that's the goal in Toronto and if they win it's icing on the cake.

Reactions: LAKings88

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Capfriendly has an income tax calculator.
View attachment 256833

Not sure how cleat the above is on Point but he would pocket about $727k less a year in Toronto than Tampa and $656k less in LA.

it is a great tool

Nearly 13% state income tax. I knew before I saw it that it was that high and it still amazes me everytime it's printed or said.

Just beyond embarrassing.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
What the Faulk!

Canes did fine, considering Faulk tied their hands with his NMC (Veteod the Ducks trade that would have netted them Kase)
Edmonson is fine as veteran 3rd line pairing, good defensively and give their young d prospects another year to mature.
Bokk , well he might be a diamond in the rough. He's only 19 and playing in Sweden, which is where he'll stay for awhile. But he has skill and they don't need to rush him.
I like Faulk and he'll do fine in St Louis. Hopefully that 7 yrs doesn't wear thin.

Reactions: lumbergh

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Shocked Mathew Tkachuk got more than Point. I know it is only $250K but still. Maybe that is the tax factor. At the end of the day had Tkachuk signed this deal before Point's I think most would have thought it was a good deal for the Flames.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That news with Matthews is troubling. It was very dumb, and thankfully nobody got hurt.

I'm more alarmed by the defenses put up against it.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I have not heard what exactly he did.

Him and his drunk buddies tried to open the door of a female security guard with PTSD at 2 in the morning, to "see her reaction" and "thinking it would be funny."

After the guard told them she had PTSD, Matthews turned around, pulled down his pants, and grabbed his butt cheeks.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Him and his drunk buddies tried to open the door of a female security guard with PTSD at 2 in the morning, to "see her reaction" and "thinking it would be funny."

After the guard told them she had PTSD, Matthews turned around, pulled down his pants, and grabbed his butt cheeks.

He had his underwear still on, the mooning really doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Also as a side note, isn't a night time security guard a weird job to get if you have crippling PTSD?

Reactions: YP44

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He had his underwear still on, the mooning really doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Also as a side note, isn't a night time security guard a weird job to get if you have crippling PTSD?

It's not a big deal, just really dumb to moon someone, underwear on or not.

As far as the PTSD/job, I'm sure this is a nicer neighborhood (as Auston lives in the area), so it's likely the reason for the draw. Who knows what other skills she has which would give her better options for employment.

It's just a very stupid and immature thing to do, especially "just to get a reaction" and "they think it's funny." There's 22 year-old stupid, and then there's this kind of stupid.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Shocked Mathew Tkachuk got more than Point. I know it is only $250K but still. Maybe that is the tax factor. At the end of the day had Tkachuk signed this deal before Point's I think most would have thought it was a good deal for the Flames.
Teams in Canada don't seem to be able to separate the media hyperbole from the reality of a player's worth.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's not a big deal, just really dumb to moon someone, underwear on or not.

As far as the PTSD/job, I'm sure this is a nicer neighborhood (as Auston lives in the area), so it's likely the reason for the draw. Who knows what other skills she has which would give her better options for employment.

It's just a very stupid and immature thing to do, especially "just to get a reaction" and "they think it's funny." There's 22 year-old stupid, and then there's this kind of stupid.
Auston Matthews, age 22. What age do kids start "adulting" these days? Honestly, I could see this as something me and some of the idiots I hung out with when I was 16 or 17 years old might have done.

Probably being to general with this post. Every young person is different and some have better judgment than others.

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015

Did Marner film him doing it on his Iphone 10?

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Auston Matthews, age 22. What age do kids start "adulting" these days? Honestly, I could see this as something me and some of the idiots I hung out with when I was 16 or 17 years old might have done.

Probably being to general with this post. Every young person is different and some have better judgment than others.

I think adulting starts around 30-35 these days.

Reactions: bouncesonly

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I am with you.

I could only imagine the stupid crap I would have done at 22 if I were a millionaire .

Reactions: crassbonanza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->