OT: Around The League: 2018-2019 - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He just took a dirty hit from Matheson and left the ice. Hope he’s not concussed.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
God, f*** the central division. Why does it have to be so damn good?

Preds, Hawks, Avs, and Stars all off to great starts. Can’t imagine the Jets, Wild, and Blues keep struggling for long. Every team right now looks like a real playoff contender.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

This is what LT was talking about from above...If someone did this to Heiskanen they'd get absolutely destroyed within seconds by anyone on our team. The fact that none of his teammates even approached Matheson is disgusting honestly. Pettersson out with a head injury now..may not be serious but they won't know until tomorrow. Matheson was literally hunting him after Pettersson made him look stupid out there

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The hit itself is fine. That extra shove to the ice is awful and a bit predatory.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
That sort of play is why I wasn't picking Petterson to win the Calder despite him having more than enough skill to do it - I just don't think he'll be able to play enough games given the number of "physical" players in the league and especially the west.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Matheson had a hearing this morning. Should know later today how long he'll be out for.

Canucks getting hit hard right now.

Penguins can't ever seem to have a fully healthy defense for very long.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I agree. There was no intent there and the hit wasn't that hard. The outcome of course is very unfortunate.

The extra shove at the end of the hit absolutely is dirty and, considering the previous play, certainly could have had intent behind it. Intent to injure, no, but certainly to commit a dirty play that has no place in the game.

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I don't really think it was that dirty to be honest, just got physically dominated by a bigger stronger player. Its unfortunate that Pettersson hit his head on the ice and got injured cus hes awesome and so fun to watch. If you want to say it was excessive for a player in a vulnerable position I could agree with that, but if he wouldn't of got a concussion no one would be talking about this.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I don't really think it was that dirty to be honest, just got physically dominated by a bigger stronger player. Its unfortunate that Pettersson hit his head on the ice and got injured cus hes awesome and so fun to watch. If you want to say it was excessive for a player in a vulnerable position I could agree with that, but if he wouldn't of got a concussion no one would be talking about this.

Budding superstar in Canadian market gets tossed to the ice... nobody talks about that? Alright.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Glad we avoided Paul Stastny.

Out 2-3 months with a knee injury. Would've been the Hanzal signing 2.0 for us

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I feel like I see both sides here- but it felt like boarding on my first watch. I'm not sure it's much of anything aside of a bit of a mismatch and some overaggressiveness. If he weren't suspended I'd say he's compelled to give Rous a fight if asked.*

*At the very least 1-2 games prevents Vancouver fans from putting a hit out on him or rioting.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Nate Schmidt just got payed huge money by Vegas while beeing suspended . If this is any indication Lindell will become very expensive to re-sign

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Schmidt’s payday is coming largely from their success last season and him being their best defenseman by a decent margin.

I don’t think Lindell will command that type of money. I’d be surprised if Lindell got more than 5M per.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He plays ~23-25 minutes a night and gets the most difficult assingments and should get around 30 ish Points. Worse players than him are paid 5+ million a year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He plays ~23-25 minutes a night and gets the most difficult assingments and should get around 30 ish Points. Worse players than him are paid 5+ million a year.

RFA vs. UFA is a pretty huge difference.

Most RFA defenders of a similar caliber (e.g. Skjei) get around 5M long-term off a bridge deal. Looking at a lot of these defenders, though, they're the best or second best on their team. Lindell is third for us, plays in a small market and doesn't have a ton of name recognition, and he certainly doesn't seem to drive much offense. I don't have any numbers but I'd imagine a large chunk of his points come from playing with Klingberg.

I would fully expect something along the lines of 4.5M-4.75M for 4-6 years. Unless he takes a major step forward this year, he'd be hard-pressed to argue for more money.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think Lindell is going to end up with a Shea Theodore like contract. Less points, but stronger defensively. He will be 25 by the time his next contract kicks in so we don’t want to go short term again.

5.100M, 7 years

Reactions: Karitimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->