OT: Around The League: 2018-2019 - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Wilson is clearly a headhunter and to make it worse he just seems to do it for fun. Its his third suspension of the Pre-Season ( 2 last year and both also against the Blues ... ) for hits to the head where games don't even matter . I mean he didn't even hide the fact he was just out to hit the guys head. Aimed high right from the beginning and never tried to adjust just went straight through the other guys head .

By the way that contract the Caps gave him confuses me. Wilson had a strong postseason but ~5.2 Million per seems excessive for a forward who prior to last year never hit 25 Point or 10 goals . That contract will look ugly very fast .

Reactions: Multigrain

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Leafs didn't look good in their first game and Domi and the Habs looked great. Leafs won because they have more talent for 3 on 3 but they got dominated. Tavares basically invisible outside of his goal

Bruins...wow. Hope the Stars can open their season the same was the Caps have lol

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Maxime Comtois and Elias Pettersson with their first NHL goals tonight. Both 2017 draft picks.

Pettersson may run away with the Calder wow he is good

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I remember the Hawks slaughtered the Pens 10:0 in their first game last year and look where both teams ended up .

Calder well. Lets wait until every rookie has played a game . Petterson certainly will have a ton of opportunity to shine.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
It's pretty gross that caps fans don't see the Wilson hit as egregious

And Bruins fans think marchand sucker punching Eller to 'make a point' about over celebrating is fine

homerism is a thing, but should end somewhere :/

marchand deserves some words from the league for last night imho

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Re-watching, Marchand still suckers him, but Eller is up and fine and throwing fists too.. so..

I don't view standing up for your crushed team as a bad thing, but I think you make your intent clear and then go. I guess I see both sides, but I don't really see much of a taunt from Eller either.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Maybe I'm more old school but I really liked what Marchand did there. **** Eller, you don't celebrate/taunt like that in a 7-0 game. The extra woopin' it up right past the Boston bench was a dumbass move. Deserved. Payed for it. Move on. Jan.10 should be a good tilt between these two teams.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Why do players care if the opponents celebrate?

Nothing Eller did was blatantly disrespectful. He scored, he wants to celebrate. Great. Nothing for Marchand to reasonably get upset about there.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ilya Kovalchuk hasn't impressed me at all in the Kings game tonight. Looks like Spezza out there (Hitchcock Spezza)

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Ilya Kovalchuk hasn't impressed me at all in the Kings game tonight. Looks like Spezza out there (Hitchcock Spezza)
Very true, floating around and losing puck battles, kind of glad we dodged that bullet.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Very true, floating around and losing puck battles, kind of glad we dodged that bullet.

I would’ve been happy with the risk on a one year deal, but he wanted some term.

Even with his lack of effort and age, he’d somewhat easily be our 4th best forward.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I would’ve been happy with the risk on a one year deal, but he wanted some term.

Even with his lack of effort and age, he’d somewhat easily be our 4th best forward.
Idk, he's been pretty terrible I think i'd still rather have Spezza to him, granted only 1 game so far but

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->