Around The League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
What was he “retaliating” against? It wasn’t an intentional slewfoot.

I’m pissed that it continues to happen. I want to watch the best players in the world actually playing, instead of them wobbling off the ice with injuries that will keep them out of multiple games and possibly end their careers at the hands of some marginally talented meathead.

one of the replies to that tweet shows some slow motion replays from a better angle. his skates did make contact, kicking out matheson’s skates. it definitely looked unintentional, but matheson maybe doesn’t see it that way, gets pissed, and he retaliated. so, he was rightfully suspended for a couple of games.

i agree that those hits have to stop, i just don’t think this is the type of ‘brad marchand knee-drop’ examples of intentional injury

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The problem with Boucher is that he didn't score enough in the NHL, like he did in the lesser leagues.

When you're supposed to be an offensive player and have such a dangerous looking shot, it needs to be on display in the NHL and it just hasn't been.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The problem with Boucher is that he didn't score enough in the NHL, like he did in the lesser leagues.

When you're supposed to be an offensive player and have such a dangerous looking shot, it needs to be on display in the NHL and it just hasn't been.
He was slow as f*** as well. When you're a smaller guy who sucks defensively, you can't also be so slow that you can't generate offense.

Reactions: RangerDoggo

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was slow as **** as well. When you're a smaller guy who sucks defensively, you can't also be so slow that you can't generate offense.
I think he also needed to lose some body fat.

He was always really chubby looking, which probably impeded his skating.

Reactions: Blender

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Matheson suspension is fair. The line between playing hard and reckless is clear now. Ice is really hard and does not give on impact, so you can't drive guys into it.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I think a big criticism about Boucher was his dedication. If you are trying to make the pros, you shouldn't be chubby.

I think that was why Myles Bell got run out of town too

Unless you're Marty or Phil Kessel :sarcasm:

NJN225

Jul 22, 2013
New York
Boucher was always skating in mud. His shot was never impressive as advertised. I wanted so bad for him to be legit but it seemed like he just never put the effort in.

Reactions: nugg and Bleedred

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Could be nothing, but it could also not be nothing

My uninformed, uneducated guess would be the Leafs are testing the market for Kadri.

Guessing Nylander wants a path to play some C before committing long term, and that isn't gonna happen with how the roster is set up right now.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
My uninformed, uneducated guess would be the Leafs are testing the market for Kadri.

Guessing Nylander wants a path to play some C before committing long term, and that isn't gonna happen with how the roster is set up right now.
One of my thoughts was that maybe it's actually the Pens being scouted, looking for a replacement for Schultz, but looking at who sent double scouts, they're mostly from the same division, so I'm guessing it must be Toronto.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He was, well, eccentric and made many mistakes but this fact cannot be denied: without him the Islanders wouldn't exist. He saved the team and in the big picture is one of the great heroes in the history of the sport. Those of us who care about that team owe him a debt of gratitude. RIP.

None of us here care about them aside from you and one other guy, but RIP to Mr Wang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad