Around The League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
They’re also dealing with lots of injuries. With that said however, Hakstol should not be trusting veterans over youth that make occasional mistakes. Aren’t we supposed to believe that the Flyers have such a great prospect haul? Seems like the wrong coach to handle that.

Hopefully they’ll fire him later rather than sooner.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They’re also dealing with lots of injuries. With that said however, Hakstol should not be trusting veterans over youth that make occasional mistakes. Aren’t we supposed to believe that the Flyers have such a great prospect haul? Seems like the wrong coach to handle that.

Hopefully they’ll fire him later rather than sooner.

Hopefully?

I disagree as a Devils fan

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I think Hakstol could be the first coach fired this year. I don’t think Philly management is going to tolerate mercurial mediocrity too much longer with all the moves they’ve made the last couple years.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly I think Hakstol could be the first coach fired this year. I don’t think Philly management is going to tolerate mercurial mediocrity too much longer with all the moves they’ve made the last couple years.
I'm surprised he lasted last year and survived that 10 game losing streak.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I think it ends up being Torts. Management in Columbus can’t like the situation out there right now.

Also not shocked MacDonald got sent down. Dude can’t play defense.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think it ends up being Torts. Management in Columbus can’t like the situation out there right now.

Also not shocked MacDonald got sent down. Dude can’t play defense.

You might be right considering Tort only got signed to a lameduck extension - but they are still 3-2 with a bunch of home games coming up. If they botch a home-heavy October against cream of the crap teams like Arizona, Detroit and Buffalo...

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Stevens out in LA and Yeo in St. Louis seem to be fairly good candidates, as well.

Neither team is looking to tread water this season and it's easy to get lost in the West, so I don't think they hesitate to pull the trigger if they don't put it together. Still early, but they both look strained to get to the end of every game from what I've seen so far.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Yeo is definitely a good pick for first fired. I wonder if Peters seat gets hot if the Flames keep looking meh?

1st year coaches tend to get very long leashes. Also, considering that the Flames had him all but hired before he was even officially gone from the Hurricanes... he should be safe. Even if he doesn't deserve to be.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeo is definitely a good pick for first fired. I wonder if Peters seat gets hot if the Flames keep looking meh?

Calgary literally JUST hired him this offseason, it would have to be a MacLean like disaster to get waterboy fired this year.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Peters will get at least a season to right the ship and probably two seasons. Ideally, he wouldn’t have been hired at all.

I don’t see Torts getting fired first, and if things stay relatively stable this season, he may not be fired at all. Don’t forget, he got a two-year extension before the season started. If the bottom falls out in Columbus, though, anything goes.

Tocchet in Arizona should be considered a candidate for firing if the Coyotes keep up with their pathetic offense.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm torn on Columbus. On the one hand I wouldn't mind seeing them have a terrible year, but on the other hand it would be kind of satisfying to see them hang on to Panarin and Bobrovsky, lose in the first round and then have one or both of them walk as free agents.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Who are the coaching candidates still out there/available?
I know Sheldon Keefe from the Marlies was put out there over the offseason. But that could just be the Toronto effect

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
Good old Reid...8 goals in 5 games for Utica...Oh what could have been if you had some speed. I remember following his boxscore daily in the OHL when he was about to break Stamkos's record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad