Around the League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd say that US based fans on this site act a bit more like Canadian fans than other US fans that might be a bit more casual. The Northeast US teams especially would. The Leafs are fun to hate.

Yup. And the sheer size of their fanbase probably creates pushback too.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He had another hearing as recently as this April. N0 suspension but another questionable hit. I don't see how his logo hurts him.

I usually default to giving people another chance, but Kadri's rap sheet is pretty extensive. I'd just as soon lets Leafs keep him.

If anything the logo helps him. He would be treated like Marchand but media avoid attacking Leaf players for fear of distancing the biggest market. Kadri is a scumbag.

Reactions: Mathil8

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If anything the logo helps him. He would be treated like Marchand but media avoid attacking Leaf players for fear of distancing the biggest market. Kadri is a *******.

I think it goes both ways with Leafs players. They don't hesitate to attack for clickbait. Do they need to get a sense of where the market is going first? Or do the media sometimes lead it?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Kadri, the Leafs stink is to embedded with him, we don't need no former Leafs stink on our team.

1162a8293aaf466683a8921faba1ac4b.gif~c200

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think it goes both ways with Leafs players. They don't hesitate to attack for clickbait. Do they need to get a sense of where the market is going first? Or do the media sometimes lead it?

Sports media in particular resonate alot with the average fan. Despite the proof of how ineffective and actually hurting the team Hendricks was he was still well thought of in most Jets fans eyes because of the media constant praising of him. HF tends not too be reflective of the general fans idea since people that bother to post here generally are some of the most informed smartest fans out there. Which is why he is less well liked here.

There's a few media people in Toronto who's whole schtick is counter any argument the rest make, but overall it's rare that the media really gets on a Toronto player, at least while the team is doing well.

Reactions: Duke749

None

Feb 22, 2012

Brian's has already had the new spec chest protectors for over a year, they're not coming out of nowhere and testing them just now. It's getting grossly exaggerated how much they're trimming the equipment as well, here's an image showing the 2017 old spec protector vs the new spec protector.

HkSnmm6.jpg

I labeled the two areas that are changed, the lower abdomen area looks different because the 2017 model looks like it was photographed on a flat surface and is spread out a bit. There's no changes to the lower portion.

1) They're trimming this part and having it sit closer to the shoulder, there won't be as large of an air pocket as there was previously.
You can see how much it makes the shoulders pop up in this image:
wSri2QX.png

2) There really isn't any reason for this part of the equipment, it's just a wing that pops out and makes the goalie look bigger.

The bigger goaltenders probably won't end up looking much smaller, the tall and small guys like Ryan Miller are going to look a lot more trim.

An injury in the new equipment was probably going to happen in the old equipment too.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Brian's has already had the new spec chest protectors for over a year, they're not coming out of nowhere and testing them just now. It's getting grossly exaggerated how much they're trimming the equipment as well, here's an image showing the 2017 old spec protector vs the new spec protector.

HkSnmm6.jpg

I labeled the two areas that are changed, the lower abdomen area looks different because the 2017 model looks like it was photographed on a flat surface and is spread out a bit. There's no changes to the lower portion.

1) They're trimming this part and having it sit closer to the shoulder, there won't be as large of an air pocket as there was previously.
You can see how much it makes the shoulders pop up in this image:
wSri2QX.png

2) There really isn't any reason for this part of the equipment, it's just a wing that pops out and makes the goalie look bigger.

The bigger goaltenders probably won't end up looking much smaller, the tall and small guys like Ryan Miller are going to look a lot more trim.

An injury in the new equipment was probably going to happen in the old equipment too.

Small step in the right direction. Now when are they going to reduce the size of the pillows?

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Saw this warning on the main board.

Winnipeg, don't let Laine get to RFA status. If he does he will be offer sheeted trust me. Young elite goal scorers are scarce and extremely valuable.

The guy could be right.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
i have to admit it causes me a lot of pleasure to see the leaf fans flooding the main page with trade requests for defencemen.

it is almost like they realize you need a competent defence to get anywhere in this league.

now if they could just get their head around the fact no-one is going to send them a player for their soft scraps

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
i have to admit it causes me a lot of pleasure to see the leaf fans flooding the main page with trade requests for defencemen.

it is almost like they realize you need a competent defence to get anywhere in this league.

now if they could just get their head around the fact no-one is going to send them a player for their soft scraps
Their defense is hilariously one-sided. Stacked at LD, completely scorched earth on the right side.

In terms of GAR/82...

10.47 - 0.56 (Rielly-Hainsey)
9.74 - 1.04 (Gardiner-Zaitsev)
9.39 - 3.67 (Dermott-Carrick)

Points per game...

1.9 - 0.79
1.69 - 0.59
1.32 - 1.01

I don't think there are many teams with such a strong LHD depth, but their RHDs are among the worst in the entire league.

Reactions: Belzebob

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Their defense is hilariously one-sided. Stacked at LD, completely scorched earth on the right side.

In terms of GAR/82...

10.47 - 0.56 (Rielly-Hainsey)
9.74 - 1.04 (Gardiner-Zaitsev)
9.39 - 3.67 (Dermott-Carrick)

Points per game...

1.9 - 0.79
1.69 - 0.59
1.32 - 1.01

I don't think there are many teams with such a strong LHD depth, but their RHDs are among the worst in the entire league.

agreed, to a point.

but they are looking for a top or second pairing RHD.

a position that seems to be the hardest to fill, but they will not offer anything remotely close to make a deal

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
another little tidbit.

I guess wifi and internet must be down in Toronto

while I have seen main page articles on player signing for the marlies on SN...….

still nothing about Lowry

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I thought it was very interesting that NYI signed Brock Nelson to just a 1-year deal, prior to arbitration. His production has been declining, so this seems like a "show me (Lou)" contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad