Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The refs are taking over the Jets-Stars game. What a f***ing joke.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Holy shit this is a the darkest possible OOT isnt it....good thing is that usually means we win.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Good I'm glad the OOT makes it tough. I don't want to get into the playoffs on the basis of mediocrity, if they make it it should be because they really deserve to be there instead of acting like some charity case franchise.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Caggiula looks pretty good on the top line with Kane and Toews today.

7 goals scored, no points. BUT... You're right. He looks good. Backchecking hard, doing the right things. No wonder TMac kept giving him opportunities.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
7 goals scored, no points. BUT... You're right. He looks good. Backchecking hard, doing the right things. No wonder TMac kept giving him opportunities.
He was a scrappy guy too. Loved to get into the faces of opponents.

Then we traded him for the worst d-man on the worst team in the league.

Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The Islanders are also in 1st place in the Metro, last I looked they were just outside a wildcard spot.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Cal Clutterbuck is owning the Ducks. Every time he has the puck he looks like he's going to score.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Canucks are winning again - sad to see their looking to be on track while Chia spins his wheels in the sand.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
As if being an Oilers fan wasnt hard enough....now Calgary and Vancouver are getting full bandwagons of insufferable fans again to torture us even more.

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Lehner looks like a different person without the beard.

He's a guy I'd try to sign this offseason. He's really turned his career this year since he's addressed his personal issues.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
The Canucks lost EP for lengthy periods of time and still managed to stay afloat.

Can you imagine if the Oilers lost McDavid for any length of time?

Like how we lost half our defence? This team still wouldn't be great, but I think we would be doing better if Sekera, Klefbom, Russell didn't all become injured.

With that said, the reason Vancouver is doing so well is because they have got a lot of scoring from throughout the lineup. They have 11 players with 5+ goals, we have 6.

Reactions: oilers'72

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Like how we lost half our defence? This team still wouldn't be great, but I think we would be doing better if Sekera, Klefbom, Russell didn't all become injured.

With that said, the reason Vancouver is doing so well is because they have got a lot of scoring from throughout the lineup. They have 11 players with 5+ goals, we have 6.
This team has been without Sekera for essentially two years now and even when he returns he's not going to be very good. We have Russell back and still don't look great.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
It's pretty sad that the Hawks are a bad team now. I've always enjoyed watching them play, and when their top guys are on their game, like tonight, they're really entertaining to watch.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cory Gray

Oct 9, 2018
Last night was brutal.... not because of the Flames, but because of the fact that four of the five teams the we are chasing for those two wild cards spots won their games and we did not. The fifth team didn't play (Vancouver).

Then good news today... Anahiem lost and Vancouver is losing.

We need to stop concentrating on Calgary and start concentrating on chasing down those teams immediately in front of us. Calgary is making the playoffs, currently, we are not. Excluding last night and the last game of the season - who cares what Calgary does - it has no impact on us, unless they're playing one of those teams around us - then we need them to win.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
It's pretty sad that the Hawks are a bad team now. I've always enjoyed watching them play, and when their top guys are on their game, like tonight, they're really entertaining to watch.

Pretty unbearable to have both of the teams I care about dumpster diving. Guess I'll be bandwagoning the Jets (meh) come playoffs again. I can only tolerate them because I have family from Winnipeg.

Hopefully the Hawks can do a re-tool of sorts. I think it's definitely possible for them to shed some bad cap the next couple of years.

Reactions: Zaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->