Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kurtis Gabriel just scored his first in the NHL. Just read the story about him in The Athletic last week. That kid had a pretty rough path.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
That is some serious OBC rationalization. They aren't leading the conference because teams play them easy and play us hard. This team deserves zero excuses. We are a bad team and the problem is with our team not some ridiculous conspiracy.

I was going to say you've seen enough games. But I know you want to believe what you want to believe.

Reactions: RalphKing

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Flames are gonna add Panarin or Stone and win the Cup.

I don't see Calgary doing anything big. They're a lot like the Oilers in 16-17...a playoff team but not anywhere near contenders. They might make a small add and not touch the goaltending as Mike Smith has had tons of rest this season. Looks like he's taken over the crease for their stretch drive. If I'm Treliving, I look to add Zucharello and that's about it.

Panarin has Toronto and Vancouver as the only Canadian cities he'd go to as well.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't see Calgary doing anything big. They're a lot like the Oilers in 16-17...a playoff team but not anywhere near contenders. They might make a small add and not touch the goaltending as Mike Smith has had tons of rest this season. Looks like he's taken over the crease for their stretch drive. If I'm Treliving, I look to add Zucharello and that's about it.

Panarin has Toronto and Vancouver as the only Canadian cities he'd go to as well.
Not near contenders? They are second in the league, and have scored the second most goals. They are the best team in the west. Not contenders, psh.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Not near contenders? They are second in the league, and have scored the second most goals. They are the best team in the west. Not contenders, psh.

No, I don't think they are. The playoffs are a different animal and they're not going far. I can see them being upset by a wildcard team and if they do win round one, San Jose or Vegas will take them out. I think San Jose comes out of the West.

OilersfaninTO

Nov 25, 2018
No, I don't think they are. The playoffs are a different animal and they're not going far. I can see them being upset by a wildcard team and if they do win round one, San Jose or Vegas will take them out. I think San Jose comes out of the West.

Seriously? You think perennial playoff chokers, the Sharks, win the west? They’ve made it passed round 2 once in the last 7 years. If a teams going to take out Calgary it’ll be St. Louis who is coming in red hot or Dallas (Seguin/Benn pretty much own the Flames whenever the 2 teams play).

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Seriously? You think perennial playoff chokers, the Sharks, win the west? They’ve made it passed round 2 once in the last 7 years. If a teams going to take out Calgary it’ll be St. Louis who is coming in red hot or Dallas (Seguin/Benn pretty much own the Flames whenever the 2 teams play).

I like the Sharks' chances this year. I think Karlsson is going to help them come playoffs and they seem to be playing well right now. Jones is their biggest question mark as he's having an off season. If there is to be one reason for the Sharks to choke in the early rounds again, I can see goaltending being the reason why. Which is a solid reason for San Jose to shore up their goaltending before the deadline-which I think they do.

St. Louis is on a crazy tear too when everyone left them for dead.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
If we grab a wildcard I’d prefer to play the FLames, I think we’d steam roll them in 5. They aren’t built for the playoffs and don’t have players with the experience you need. Also, Gaudreau is too small for playoff hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad