Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I'm more pissed McDavid is playing with a 100 point winger, has played garbage defensively, and his contract looks worse and worse every day and will most likely continue to the rest of the duration.

Funny how Taylor Hall took a team I feel is worse on paper than the Oilers to the playoffs last year and now two years running McDavid can't manage to do so.

McDavid is awesome. One of the best players in the league. But he isn't the best this year by a large margin despite getting paid like it. That's on him not the team or organization.

You forgot to login to your kevy999 account.

MikeYEG

Feb 7, 2019
The only non-depressing thing about Oilers games was McPoints for the Art Ross, now even that is over. f*** you Katz, OBC and Chia, McDavid could get 150 points in a team like Tampa. Here, Hitch just gasses him and Drai and then some "fans" cry about how bad they are defensively. Unbelievable...

Reactions: Aerrol

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Tampa fans get really defensive when it's pointed out that Kucherov plays on a much better team than McDavid.

Reactions: frag2

North

Jun 25, 2009
Tampa fans get really defensive when it's pointed out that Kucherov plays on a much better team than McDavid.

They want to believe he would be putting up those points regardless of what team he’s on.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Last wildcard spot in the west is now held by a Bettman .500 team at the 3/4 mark of the season. What a year.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Pretty ironic that tonight when Brayden Point was benched for missing a team meeting, Nikita Kucherov went pointless after putting up 18 points in his last 5 games.

Kucherov will be paid $9.5M a year starting next season and the guy is not even the driver on his line :sarcasm:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I'm more pissed McDavid is playing with a 100 point winger, has played garbage defensively, and his contract looks worse and worse every day and will most likely continue to the rest of the duration.

Funny how Taylor Hall took a team I feel is worse on paper than the Oilers to the playoffs last year and now two years running McDavid can't manage to do so.

McDavid is awesome. One of the best players in the league. But he isn't the best this year by a large margin despite getting paid like it. That's on him not the team or organization.

tumblr_ndq5kgAsh61rlohoho1_400.gif

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

Hall had a career year last season. This season, Hall is leading NJ to welcoming a first overall pick.

Reactions: nabob

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Hall hasnt played since around Christmas time; he's been out with a leg injury.

Team wasn't doing well with him in the lineup. After starting 4-0, they are 12-16-6 with him in the lineup. 11-13-2 without him. I doubt there would've been much of a change if he hadn't missed any games.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Team wasn't doing well with him in the lineup. After starting 4-0, they are 12-16-6 with him in the lineup. 11-13-2 without him. I doubt there would've been much of a change if he hadn't missed any games.

True enough, look how awesome the Oilers are with McDavid. One star player rarely gets you far in the NHL, need a pretty damn good supporting cast throughout the roster.

Reactions: Aerchon

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
True enough, look how awesome the Oilers are with McDavid. One star player rarely gets you far in the NHL, need a pretty damn good supporting cast throughout the roster.
Somehow NJ has worse goaltending than us. Blackwood was doing good for them, but he's since been sent to the minors

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Speaking of goaltending that Binnington in STL sure came out of nowhere this year. Did great last year in the AHL, but that was only 28 games. Continued this year and got the callup.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Somehow NJ has worse goaltending than us. Blackwood was doing good for them, but he's since been sent to the minors

Yep, Schneider can't stay healthy and I don't know what happened to Kincaid but since Brodeur retired, they have not been able to find anyone to fill those (awfully big) shoes. I must admit...I don't follow the Devils at all, is it more than just goaltending letting them down?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yep, Schneider can't stay healthy and I don't know what happened to Kincaid but since Brodeur retired, they have not been able to find anyone to fill those (awfully big) shoes. I must admit...I don't follow the Devils at all, is it more than just goaltending letting them down?
Well they aren't exactly a good team as a whole. They have a lot of young guys up and coming, but you know what happens with young players

Reactions: McFuhryous

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Speaking of goaltending that Binnington in STL sure came out of nowhere this year. Did great last year in the AHL, but that was only 28 games. Continued this year and got the callup.

Allan still has two more seasons at $4.3 million too, that's an ugly contract. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Oilers unless the Blues took Lucic without retention.

Reactions: joestevens29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad