Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Fudge I have Rittich in my fantasy league....shoulda benched him tonight.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Could this be the start of the annual Calgary collapse? Getting pumped tonight.

Elite team my ass. They are pretenders and nothing more. If the standings stay as they are, Vegas takes them in 5 games max.

Reactions: Llamamoto and TB12

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
7 points in the last two games for Cherrypickermoocherov.

McDavid really needs a 5 point night.
You really need to stop with this cherry picking theory...its embarrassing. Just like people saying McDavid gets more points in the late season just because we are eliminated. Kuch and any other player is going to do whatever they can to score as much as they can....and it doesnt matter how they do it.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Imagine the points McDavid could rack up feeding a shooter like Stamkos?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You really need to stop with this cherry picking theory...its embarrassing. Just like people saying McDavid gets more points in the late season just because we are eliminated. Kuch and any other player is going to do whatever they can to score as much as they can....and it doesnt matter how they do it.
But he is a cherrypicker. So if people are going to call Gaudreau one, the same standard should apply to Kucherov.

I don't hesitate to say he's a player I don't like. He's a dirty rat and is a cheapshot artist handing out slewfoots and crosschecks to opposing players in vulnerable positions with alarming frequency.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Minnesota loses in regulation to Philly.

Unbelievably if the Oilers were to win tomorrow they'd be four back with a game in hand.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Great everyone else is losing too...now there is that torturous glimmer of hope for us.

Reactions: Yeah15

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Minnesota loses in regulation to Philly.

Unbelievably if the Oilers were to win tomorrow they'd be four back with a game in hand.
The problem is that what will be the catalyst for the Oilers to start putting wins together? They'd need more than just getting an edge on the field as it looks now. With so many suitors one is bound to get hot.

Maybe Sekera could be it but it's iffy.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
What was the catalyst for the Blues turnaround?
Playing a north - south game with the new faces gelling. Speed was a big add from the minors along with d structure. Binnington has played well and Allen has on the road..pretty much a 180. Once Schwartz starts scoring properly, forget it. Oh, also, Tarasenko had major shoulder surgery in offseason as well as Jbo having hip surgery..they both look healthy again.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
The problem is that what will be the catalyst for the Oilers to start putting wins together? They'd need more than just getting an edge on the field as it looks now. With so many suitors one is bound to get hot.

McDavid finally going on a heater would be a good start. He hasn't had any hot streaks (by his standards) this season. Has he even had a 4 point game yet?

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Laine 2-3-5 in the 24 games after his 5 game point streak December 9 to 16 (and that wasn't much to talk about). Is he becoming the new Letestu?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Yep. This is the problem. The teams ahead of the Oilers are incredibly catchable. 6 points back seems like a lot, but the Oilers have games in hand on everyone ahead of them.

But the Oilers haven't demonstrating a damn thing to make someone think they'd be A) capable of winning those games in hand and B) having that success carry forward into some prolonged stretches of good hockey.

Not with the make up of this team as it is. Not with the way the goaltending has been playing for 2 months now. Not with the way this coach is coaching.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Oiler's back in the driver's seat baby, 6 points back with 2 games in hand! Whoooooooooooooooo....

Too bad were still driving a Ford Pinto.

Reactions: BlackDogg

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Debrincat 16 points in 9 games
Toews was 14 points in 7 games and had his streak broken yesterday
Kane 32 points in 15 games

I knew the Hawks turned it on, but my god these three in particular that were mentioned yesterday have been on fire.

Man does Caggiula look decent in CHI. I mean him and Kane both forecheck hard every shift. One of the few guys that gives effort every shift and we trade him for a healthy scratch.

I also liked that Acciari. Fiesty like bugger that flys all over the place out there.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Debrincat 16 points in 9 games
Toews was 14 points in 7 games and had his streak broken yesterday
Kane 32 points in 15 games

I knew the Hawks turned it on, but my god these three in particular that were mentioned yesterday have been on fire.

Man does Caggiula look decent in CHI. I mean him and Kane both forecheck hard every shift. One of the few guys that gives effort every shift and we trade him for a healthy scratch.

I also liked that Acciari. Fiesty like bugger that flys all over the place out there.

Chicago gave him a role and he’s going out there and doing it. We bounced him around the lineup and confused him because he had no idea what his role was supposed to be.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Chicago gave him a role and he’s going out there and doing it. We bounced him around the lineup and confused him because he had no idea what his role was supposed to be.
I always thought he worked reasonably well with McDavid. Instead they kept giving that role to Lucic and other crappy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad