Around the League 2018-19 v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Not only does Murray keep his job, he's coaching the rest of the season. What a mess.

Bringing Eakins up when his team is the best in the AHL, doesn't make sense.

tank and then have him the coach next year

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
StL taking it to Nashville for a second day in a row. This time it’s in Nashvillle. Blues as I thought are coming in hot on the stretch drive. Will be making a run for 3rd in the Central dropping Dallas who lost Bishop and Minny who lost Koivu and without Dumba into 7/8.

Oilers are not making the playoffs barring divine intervention.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Eakins is going to coach in the NHL and likely have some success. The issue in Edmonton is, and always was the GM putting together a horrible roster. I dont think Eakins is a good coach, but I dont think hes as bad as people make up out to be (same with Tmac). You can only do so much with a bad roster.

Like imagine by Eakins, coaching a team with a dog crap D core, then one day you come into work and find out your best D was traded for a 3rd round pick. So now you have to promote a sophmore Jultz to top pairing

I think the players were fed up with losing, and Eakins being the younger coach was the guy they could all take the frustrations out on. Players liked/loved him for the Marlies and apparently for the Seagulls too now. Something doesnt reconcile here with EDM fans thinking hes the worst coach of all time, and players liking him int he AHL + him having success down there

Reactions: IAGTTAYM and TB12

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
They tie it just to toy with our feelings... Damn Blues.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Bringing Eakins up when his team is the best in the AHL, doesn't make sense.

tank and then have him the coach next year

Eakin's team is the best in the AHL? At Corsi's? :) 8th in points %. Condors are better (5th).

#PromoteWoodcroft :)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
6 points out of a spot.

On pace for one more point than last year.

16-7-4, basically 9 games over .500 in the last 27 games to have a 50% shot at playoffs based on sportsclub stats. Hard to account for how teams ahead of the Oilers play eachother, forcing at least one of them to get 2 points, but those kinds of rest of season simulations help.

That kind of record seems...impossible. This team can't even get 2 wins in a row anymore.

Reactions: Aerchon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad