Around the League 2018-19 v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Snet can't even throw hockey fans a Christmas Plum and go to either the Sharks or Knights WC conference game after the leafs game. They even mention both games in OT and don't go to either of them. Why do you have the NHL coverage right again?

Reactions: RegDunlop

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Rick Tocchet doesn't believe in line changes. He kept Stepan and Richardson out for the entire penalty kill in OT despite having a chance to take them off at a whistle. Never seen that before.

Sharks lose in a shootout.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Another pretty good night for us. 0-1-2 with the regulation loss being to the team chasing us

Reactions: McFuhryous

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
As good as the results were tonight, the other aspect is some teams thought to be dead may be back in the race. I don't worry much about Arizona but they are hanging around. IS LA trying to resurrect with Kovalchuk returned from injury? This team still has almost the entire lineup that has made bad habits of going on 10 game Winning runs.

The worst news is that in the conference only 8pts now separates us from last place in the conference. While probability has it that teams out of it don't often come back some of the buried teams are springing back to life and with most of the season still left. I was hoping that 4-5 teams in the conference were already dead.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
JK aside Snet can go to either of these games. They have before with US games. Its the Canadian rights holding that gets more tricky.

If a Canadian team was involved, I wonder if they would went to it. My guess is probably not.

Edit: I misread your post, somehow flew over the "US" part of your post. Strange how they can go to US markets but rarely go to Canadian ones. Is it the CRTC that controls that or is it the agreement with the NHL and SN?

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If a Canadian team was involved, I wonder if they would went to it. My guess is probably not.

Edit: I misread your post, somehow flew over the "US" part of your post. Strange how they can go to US markets but rarely go to Canadian ones. Is it the CRTC that controls that or is it the agreement with the NHL and SN?

I can't cite it at memory but TSN still has regional rights for some of the clubs. Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto. a lot of confusion exists on how that works out so I don't want to add to it thus me generalizing the wording. Snet is not to my knowledge restricted from showing some coverage of US games involving US teams.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Oilers, by the grace of Connor, are actually in a playoff spot at Christmas despite the GMs best efforts to tank us.

Reactions: McDrai and frag2

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
We are extremely lucky that other teams in our division decided to shit the bed the same time the Oilers did. Hopefully a good break will help right the ship.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The Oilers, by the grace of Connor, are actually in a playoff spot at Christmas despite the GMs best efforts to tank us.

You're giving Chiarelli too much credit. That would imply strategy.
He's obviously a clueless buffoon

Reactions: McDrai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Watching the Leafs OT was cringeworthy. It was as if there were extra stylepoints trying to pass the puck between your legs and make excessive plays for the purpose of trying to look exceptional. I thought I was watching basketball of an allstar game. It was clear showboating. That shit would die soon in the playoffs.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Watching the Leafs OT was cringeworthy. It was as if there were extra stylepoints trying to pass the puck between your legs and make excessive plays for the purpose of trying to look exceptional. I thought I was watching basketball of an allstar game. It was clear showboating. That **** would die soon in the playoffs.
I like stuff like that, afterall, it's still entertainment in the end.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like stuff like that, afterall, it's still entertainment in the end.

They play like fancy boys in a primadonna allstar game. I wonder how that shit would fly in the more physical WC. Some of these guys would be belted into the middle of next week as their admiring their pass between the legs that was done for no specific reason, just to say they could. On one play a guy flubs up a scoring chance because he's trying for style points on the goal instead of just cashing. I don't watch the leafs much, and only had it on because I figured they would show one of the WC OT's that were being played out. Instead I got 15 more minutes of how amazing the leafs were.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
They play like fancy boys in a primadonna allstar game. I wonder how that **** would fly in the more physical WC. Some of these guys would be belted into the middle of next week as their admiring their pass between the legs that was done for no specific reason, just to say they could. On one play a guy flubs up a scoring chance because he's trying for style points on the goal instead of just cashing. I don't watch the leafs much, and only had it on because I figured they would show one of the WC OT's that were being played out. Instead I got 15 more minutes of how amazing the leafs were.

Wonder no longer champ. The Leafs (2nd best record in the show) at the Christmas break are 11-3 against the big bad scary west. Add to that 2 wins against the west #1 team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Wonder no longer champ. The Leafs (2nd best record in the show) at the Christmas break are 11-3 against the big bad scary west. Add to that 2 wins against the west #1 team.

Its funny how I get warning points for trolling in the Leaf section when reacting to Leaf fan reaction to thumping the worst team in the East as a bit over the top, yet Leaf fans continually come in here to take a shit all over our forum. Hey @Troll Stomper maybe take your Leaf jersey off and start doing your job over in this section FFS.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Oh and I forgot to tell you to f*** Off and go back to the Center of the Universe. Enjoy getting smoked in the first round again, and we will be hearing of how unfair the playoffs suddenly are from all you snivelling snot nosed entitled Leaf Fans. Now go watch your TSN 24-7 wall to wall coverage of Marner and Nostrils dancing in ballet tights and wondering what is wrong with your $10 million dollar holdout and his hair care products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->