Around the League 2018-19 v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Why Johnny Gaudreau is better than Connor McDavid

Actually read the article before getting pissed at the title lol. Pretty good article haha.

As a flames fan I think that article is ridiculous. The only thing I can see is that Gaudreau looks like he could be a better guy in the locker room. I'm never sure what to make of McDavid's attitude, the guy at times seems a little arrogant and stand offish. But I'm not a player and not about to assume something that isn't there.

One other thing I think Gaudreau has over McD is the allusiveness and ability to turn on a dime, Something that is due to his small stature and weight. He is a very special player.

I really don't see though how anyone can argue against McDavid. He's the best in the world, his percentage of offensive output for the Oilers is jaw dropping. The guy is just on another planet, and it truly pisses me off as a rival fan. I've said it before, but what McDavid can do at his top speed, which nobody can match, is simply amazing. He also has the size and weight to hold his own unlike Gaudreau.

I believe if McDavid was on almost any other team in the league you could plan a cup parade, he's that good. I'm not here to offend, but I think most Oiler fans can see that his support staff is very much lacking.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
As a flames fan I think that article is ridiculous. The only thing I can see is that Gaudreau looks like he could be a better guy in the locker room. I'm never sure what to make of McDavid's attitude, the guy at times seems a little arrogant and stand offish. But I'm not a player and not about to assume something that isn't there.

One other thing I think Gaudreau has over McD is the allusiveness and ability to turn on a dime, Something that is due to his small stature and weight. He is a very special player.

I really don't see though how anyone can argue against McDavid. He's the best in the world, his percentage of offensive output for the Oilers is jaw dropping. The guy is just on another planet, and it truly pisses me off as a rival fan. I've said it before, but what McDavid can do at his top speed, which nobody can match, is simply amazing. He also has the size and weight to hold his own unlike Gaudreau.

I believe if McDavid was on almost any other team in the league you could plan a cup parade, he's that good. I'm not here to offend, but I think most Oiler fans can see that his support staff is very much lacking.
It's pretty obvious the article is a complete satire piece.

Johnny Hockey is a hell of a player, but there really is no comparison for Mcdavid.

North

Jun 25, 2009

The article was meant to be funny.

Gaudreau is elusive because he doesn't have to deal with having defenders draped all over him before he even has the puck.

McDavid hasn't been able to utilize his skills to the best of his abilities due to all the interference.

Gaudreau is a good player no doubt but if the was on the Oilers he would be having the same kind of difficulties.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Damn.
Ycwwoo2.png

Reactions: 780il

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Lets go Winnipeg.
Would like to see them pass Calgary.

The weather is so much better there.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Well I guess the Jets didn't really show up today.

Edit: nvm tie game

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Ryan Strome with his 7th of the year. would look great on the Oilers.

He's almost at a 20 goal pace (19 to be exact) for NYR. What the heck is wrong with our crap org? Just endless underachievement around these parts, outside of the upper echelon elite guys that would succeed anywhere.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
He's almost at a 20 goal pace (19 to be exact) for NYR. What the heck is wrong with our crap org? Just endless underachievement around these parts, outside of the upper echelon elite guys that would succeed anywhere.
Shit times for Oilers fans.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Just watch what Cags turns into now. You can't write more insane fiction.
What did we get for Brossoit again?

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Jets score with 10 seconds left in OT. Suck it Getzlaf.

So nice to watch some desperation and urgency out of a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad