Around the League 2018-19 v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The salt in that thread is unbelievable. Who cares? I can count how many times there were players who did and didn't deserve to be at the ASG on the Oilers, but I didn't care. Just enjoy your season and don't be a dick about it. Simple as that.

Yep, totally.

It's just another "thing" their fans wanted to use as ammo in their never ending quest to one-up the Oilers. Meanwhile, most of us here wouldn't have given two shits if Leon made it in or not.

It's eating them alive a player from the Oilers won a fan-based popularity contest over their guy :laugh:.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
lol, he's never playing top-pairing minutes
he's on his 3rd team in 5 years and was on pace for 14 points all season
the absolute definition of "statistically overrated"

tough to compare since the Yotes don't have a player equivalent to RNH on their roster
He's on the top pairing with OEL.
Flames fans are really mad about Draisaitl getting into the All-Star Game.

O5QVaRN.gif
They should be tbh. Giordano is more deserving.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Coyotes fans will disagree with you. He'd be the best RHD on our roster.
maybe that's why they've been utter garbage since forever then :laugh:

top-pairing defensemen play in all situations...ES, PP and PK
Demers simply doesn't do that

ask any GM or fan in the league if Demers is a top pairing d-man and they'll all say he's not even close...hence being on his 3rd team in 5 years

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
maybe that's why they've been utter garbage since forever then :laugh:

top-pairing defensemen play in all situations...ES, PP and PK
Demers simply doesn't do that

ask any GM or fan in the league if Demers is a top pairing d-man and they'll all say he's not even close...hence being on his 3rd team in 5 years
He's on their top pairing. Ability-wise he's a #3 but he plays with OEL on the first pairing. That's a pretty big hole to fill in their roster.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Coyotes fans will disagree with you. He'd be the best RHD on our roster.
:laugh:

They can disagree all they want, they've been an awesome team for 2-3 seasons now according to some. Always some excuse though. Not that the Oilers are much better, but still.

Demers, please. Decent #3, good #4. Could definitely use him on the Oilers. But switch Demers/Larsson and see what happens. One of the best D performaces I've seen in a long time was OEL / Larsson in the WHC last year.

Anyhow, I guess you can put this down as a drive-by post. But I couldn't resist. I actually agree with you on many issues, but on Larsson you're so biased it's not even funny which makes an honest discussion hard.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
:laugh:

They can disagree all they want, they've been an awesome team for 2-3 seasons now according to some. Always some excuse though. Not that the Oilers are much better, but still.

Demers, please. Decent #3, good #4. Could definitely use him on the Oilers. But switch Demers/Larsson and see what happens. One of the best D performaces I've seen in a long time was OEL / Larsson in the WHC last year.

Anyhow, I guess you can put this down as a drive-by post. But I couldn't resist. I actually agree with you on many issues, but on Larsson you're so biased it's not even funny which makes an honest discussion hard.
Demers has been better than Larsson for 2 seasons. A 5 game sample size at the WHC doesn't change the fact that he's been mediocre for a while now.

I'm biased against dmen who can't skate or move the puck, I'll admit it. A lack of puckmovers is a big reason why we've been so terrible for so long now.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Maybe it has to do with the "lacluster social media performance". ;)
Over 100K less twitter followers.

FanChart_1620x2318.jpg

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Demers has been better than Larsson for 2 seasons. A 5 game sample size at the WHC doesn't change the fact that he's been mediocre for a while now.

I'm biased against dmen who can't skate or move the puck, I'll admit it. A lack of puckmovers is a big reason why we've been so terrible for so long now.
Alright then, I disagree but that's fine. Last year was it was. Injuries, family issued and being down Sekera and Klefbom. Larsson struggles when the system goes down, i.e. mostly when proper support is missing. Many other don't have such a big problem with thst but he does imo. It's a flaw I guess but he's a rock (even on the 1st pair as #2) when the proper pieces are in place in the top 4. Despite that he's been a +- machine until very recently. Useful or not but watching how "lucky" he's been with that stat over the last years (in + games vs - games) you can't say he's had nothing to do with it.

Any how, it's not important now. He's one player and there are bigger fish to fry (Lucic, Manning ....).

Edit sorry for off-topic mods, but it was relevant. Next posts can go into another thresd.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Alright then, I disagree but that's fine. Last year was it was. Injuries, family issued and being down Sekera and Klefbom. Larsson struggles when the system goes down, i.e. mostly when proper support is missing. Many other don't have such a big problem with thst but he does imo. It's a flaw I guess but he's a rock (even on the 1st pair as #2) when the proper pieces are in place in the top 4. Despite that he's been a +- machine until very recently. Useful or not but watching how "lucky" he's been with that stat over the last years (in + games vs - games) you can't say he's had nothing to do with it.

Any how, it's not important now. He's one player and there are bigger fish to fry (Lucic, Manning ....).

Edit sorry for off-topic mods, but it was relevant. Next posts can go into another thresd.
He struggles when he doesn't have Klefbom carrying him. When Klefbom isn't on that top pairing, there's no one who can make a breakout pass. Until recently, Klefbom has been massively underrated by this fanbase. People are finally starting to realize how important he is.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
He struggles when he doesn't have Klefbom carrying him. When Klefbom isn't on that top pairing, there's no one who can make a breakout pass. Until recently, Klefbom has been massively underrated by this fanbase. People are finally starting to realize how important he is.
I love Klefbom, but that's a two-way street. Klefbom, OEL and lately Jones have all commented on Larsson's ability to be a guy to give confidence and security as a partner.

Klefbom is very important and I wish he'd go a couple of seasons without injury. Could be eye-opening for many. He's missed the better part out of 3 seasons since he was draftef 6 seasons ago. I wonder where he'd be without so much lost time.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I love Klefbom, but that's a two-way street. Klefbom, OEL and lately Jones have all commented on Larsson's ability to be a guy to give confidence and security as a partner.

Klefbom is very important and I wish he'd go a couple of seasons without injury. Could be eye-opening for many. He's missed the better part out of 3 seasons since he was draftef 6 seasons ago. I wonder where he'd be without so much lost time.
He's been incredibly unlucky with his injuries too. A staph infection, finger injury, etc. He's not even injury prone, he's just got brutal luck.

Reactions: LaGu

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
How did Larsson end up a +24 and Klefbom a +7 if he was being carried?

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
How did Larsson end up a +24 and Klefbom a +7 if he was being carried?
Strategic line changing. Some would say generational line changing. Hops off the ice when he sees trouble coming. It’s the only logical explanation.

:sarcasm:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Luongo has three more years left on his contract. :eek:

Vancouver will get smoked if he retires before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad