Around the League 2018-19 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The Kings lost the script. Live I've said before every player on that team gave it their all just to get into the playoffs only to be swept in first round. There isn't a player on that team that thinks they still have what it takes. They've all given up, and Carter looks done since the terrible achilles heel injury. But the team is getting really old too. People forget they haven't had good draft picks in a long time and trying to load on guys like Kempe and Iafallo only gets you so far. The cap is crazy on that club. They just can't manage it or add much of anything to it.

That team went and org went all in for the cup wins and its a flawed payroll since. They held too long. Should have blown it up probably as early as 2016. This team was done when the Cocaine Blues hit it. When Stoll and other players were arrested and when Doughty and others let those guys take the fall. Doughty and Carter were both involved afairc. Voynov situation obviously hurt too. But that's a real damaged locker room. I guess its hard to have success in LA and not let it ruin you.

I won't comment on the rumours you mentioned.

I will say that Doughty has been getting a lot of criticism this year on the Kings board for his on-ice play and his off-ice "ego" issues.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Tim and Sid dove head first into the punch bowl full of Flames Kool-Aid today going on how awesome they are since the Pens beat them down.

Are people ****ing blind to how lucky and frankly, not that good of a team they are? Sure they are 3-0-1 since the Pens game but they are lucky to not be 0-4-0, 0-3-1, or 1-2-1.

They've scored twice to tie games late with less than 2 minutes and Colorado fell asleep last night. I looked at the scoring summaries for their last four games. They have had the lead for a whopping 20:34. In the past 240 minutes of hockey, that is all they've held a lead for. Edmonton practically doubled that in last night's game alone.

If the media isnt gagging on the Leafs, it's Calgary for some unknown reason.

Sorry, had to rant.

Your 100%. The media love the Flames and Leafs. I think it’s because both teams invoke a strong gag reflex on most fans so they get a reaction.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Yup same thing on the TSN site. Lots of videos about Toronto's lack of secondary scoring, flames comeback win, even a video about Thomas Chabot being an "elite" defender. But no mention of Oilers other than their 60 second game highlights.

We don't need to be propped up by the media. If this team is for real, we will show it throughout the season.

I can't wait

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Speaking of the GM, it’s difficult to fathom why Dubas didn’t sign Marner to a contract extension before this season. The summertime buzz was that an eight-year deal worth an annual average of around $9 million U.S. might have done it. As it is, Marner’s agent, Darren Ferris, said last month that he wasn’t interested in negotiating once the season began. And as for taking a hometown discount, Ferris told TSN radio a while back: “Mitch did that on his first contract, even against my wishes.”

Ferris was referring to Marner forgoing the so-called B-schedule bonuses on his entry-level contract, bonuses Matthews was given despite then-GM Lou Lamoriello’s no-bonus rhetoric.

In any case, Marner is going to be expensive. Look at the company he’s keeping. Marner, who’s just 21, has 146 points through his first 171 NHL games. Tavares, at the same juncture of his career, had 12 fewer points, Jack Eichel had 10 fewer points, Jonathan Toews four fewer. Patrick Kane, through 171 games, put up four more points than Marner. But Kane, at that juncture, had played 300 more minutes — the equivalent of about 17 more games at 17 minutes a night. None of those players currently earns a cap hit less than $10 million U.S.
Marner’s Leaf price tag on the rise with spotlight to himself | The Star

Reactions: BlackDogg

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Your 100%. The media love the Flames and Leafs. I think it’s because both teams invoke a strong gag reflex on most fans so they get a reaction.

Every single time I turn it to their game, I see a PP for them. I should look it up but they have to be near the top in that regard.

Lets hope Colorado can turn it around tonight after that chaos.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
The Flames have had golden horseshoes up their rear ends.

i wouldn't be happy about having to score that late to just tie a game. How many times now? Even that Nashville game or a game earlier they did the same thing.

They are a mirage.

And how about those '84/'85 Oiler look a like Leafs huh? Aren't they supposed to score over 300 goals this year?... lulz

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
remember when the Pacific was trash? seems the tides are turning.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
We have 3 teams above 0 goal differential. And a bunch well below. LA is a minus 20 lol.
Standings are not decided by GD, points is what counts and the pacific teams are winning. not saying its sustainable but certainly not trash outside of LA.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
The Leafs waiting to sign them and then adding another potent offensive player to the mix only makes it more enjoyable for us. Their fans on the mains are completely delusional when they talk about how cheap they’ll all sign for. Especially considering Nylander didn’t sign cheap like they swore he would.
the only thing worse than overpaying your young stars, is not signing your young stars

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Carolina scored 2 goals in 40 seconds to tie it up.

They're outshooting Arizona 23-5 in the third period.

Reactions: nabob

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I won't comment on the rumours you mentioned.

I will say that Doughty has been getting a lot of criticism this year on the Kings board for his on-ice play and his off-ice "ego" issues.

They aren't rumors. All kinds of information and transcripts were available. Stoll got arrested because the Stars on the Kings, namely Doughty, Carter, some other player utilized Stoll and another player I can't remember to purchase. Whereby they got arrested and Doughty and Carter claimed to know nothing about it. Except both had priors. So did Stoll as I recall.

But that team crashed and burned and that's one of the reasons. I don't think Doughty has been the same since.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They aren't rumors. All kinds of information and transcripts were available. Stoll got arrested because the Stars on the Kings, namely Doughty, Carter, some other player utilized Stoll and another player I can't remember to purchase. Whereby they got arrested and Doughty and Carter claimed to know nothing about it. Except both had priors. So did Stoll as I recall.

But that team crashed and burned and that's one of the reasons. I don't think Doughty has been the same since.

Hmm, I must have been asleep during that news cycle lol.

Gotta say though, it pleases me to no end to see the Californian teams struggling right now.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Just a horrible defensive performance by both teams. MacKinnon and Petersson being left open all game. McDavid would have about 10 points if he received the same treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->