Around the League 2018-19 v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Smith is the only one sucking ass. You guys can feel happy Talbot isn't a total dumpster in yet, but I can't imagine how you'd feel if your goalie was this bad.

Funny how the Flames goaltending always seems to be a problem.

Maybe the team in front of him just isn't as good as you guys like to pretend.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Blaming the goalies again. A yearly tradition in Calgary.

No one cares. You don't need to come over here every day and read what big brother thinks of your hockey team.

Oilers blame Talbot when you guys were sucking in the beginning but we'll ignore that XD. Remember the giving up first shot and complaining how he was a momentum drag and you guys also needed a good starter?

Look, you guys look good this year, I'll give you that. Just hope we can play you guys in the playoffs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: flamesforcup

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oilers blame Talbot when you guys were sucking in the beginning but we'll ignore that XD
The Oilers also haven't burned through like 10 goalies in 4 years. Talbot gets blamed when he plays poorly, but he wasn't the biggest problem earlier in the season.

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No they weren't.

Your obsession is weird. Ever since you signed up here you're on our board. Go over to CP, you'll fit right in.

Yes, I've been miserable in my personal life recently so getting something good from a hockey team is something. I'll take anything I can get! I'm sure lots of Oilers fans feeling good this year as well :)

Reactions: Del Preston

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Avalanche should be ashamed. Game should be a real confidence builder for the Flames. Not sure their goaltending can carry them to a playoff spot though. Although the Sharks, Oilers and Flames might be the top 3 teams in the pacific this year.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Avalanche should be ashamed. Game should be a real confidence builder for the Flames. Not sure their goaltending can carry them to a playoff spot though. Although the Sharks, Oilers and Flames might be the top 3 teams in the pacific this year.

calgary should also be ashamed for having to score 6 goals a game to win a game

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Yes, I've been miserable in my personal life recently so getting something good from a hockey team is something. I'll take anything I can get! I'm sure lots of Oilers fans feeling good this year as well :)
Sorry to hear that, hope things get better for you. I apologize for being a dick.

Reactions: flamesforcup

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Sorry to hear that, hope things get better for you. I apologize for being a dick.

No, it's ok. I can get overly aggressive sometimes and say things I don't mean. I'm working through things, and I appreciate your sentiment, but that shouldn't excuse my behaviour. I'll be out of here, and just because I'm a flames fan, doesn't mean I can't wish you guys success either.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
yikes, Karlsson going -2 so far in the San Jose game. Seems part of a broader problem, but still. He's supposed to be able to carry a team.

I get the impression they could catch fire at any moment, but there seems to be something they need to overcome.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
i'd like to see them try to play an Eakins favorite game of no hits and no emotion
I think one of the Ducks' veterans would stuff him in a garbage bin if he tried to coach that way.

Anaheim has been "out-Corsi'd" in every game this season but one. Eakins was on Toronto radio after he got canned bragging how he raised the Oilers' corsi from 44% in year 1 to 51% when he was fired (he said he had a secret formula that wouldn't be revealed until his next job). It is a perfect match.

Last edited:
Reactions: yukoner88

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Ducks always seem to come back in the last minute as we know only so well, been happening for years. I hate them more than the Flames.

Reactions: Oilhawks

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I think one of the Ducks' veterans would stuff him in a garbage bin if he tried to coach that way.

Anaheim has been "out-Corsi'd" in every game this season but one. Eakins was on Toronto radio after he got fired bragging how he raised the Oilers' corsi from 44% in year 1 to 51% when he was fired (he said he had a secret formula that wouldn't be revealed until his next job). It is a perfect match.

good god almighty I forgot about that quote, we need to so some how start a petition so we can get the answer to this great mystery. I wonder if it's comparable to the secret formula in Space Jam

Reactions: Del Preston

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The Ducks should fire Carlyle and promote Eakins.
tenor.gif

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Gotta think the Sharks break out soon. We gotta bank as many points as we can while they're still struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->