Around the League 2018-19 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
blame the league for never taking discipline, they created him

i can't fully hate him because he's damn good at what he does as an irritant, while still being a fantastic player. if i was a Bs fan, i'd love him to death

Reactions: My3Sons

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets

i can't fully hate him because he's damn good at what he does as an irritant, while still being a fantastic player. if i was a Bs fan, i'd love him to death
He's a good player on his own merits and has zero reason to pull off this kind of crap. If I were a Boston fan, I'd admit to liking him in spite of this behavior before killing myself to prevent further contamination of the sports world.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
According to my research (Hockey Fights), Ratface has dropped the gloves a whopping 8 times in his 9 year career. You can do the math on that one.

What cracks me up about the league is that you have guys throw cheapshots like Marchand did last night and it goes unpunished. Then you have guys like Paul Byron-with no record-that make a bad play, apologize to the player they injured, serve a suspension, and STILL have to "answer the bell" the next time those teams meet. Marchand continually plays dirty and seemingly never answers for it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next game between CBJ and Boston.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
im confused do people think that was a suspension worthy punch?

but yet some people thought that wasn't a 5 min major penalty for pavelski that caused blood and knocked him out?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
since the other thread was closed and i didnt get to comment on the fox trade.

i'm on the fence with these college players. some turn out good some turn out bad and some are meh. that being said the rangers are bound to hit on one of these kids being good sooner or later so thats a concern. just have to think ONE day a kid from jersey will want to come and play for his home team no? we have jersey kids in the nhl but i dont think any of them grew up in the right section of the state to be a devils fan lol.

Reactions: mdj12784

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

I think he's just angry at the world. I mean really, if you looked like you were born with your d*ck hanging off your face, wouldn't you be angry too?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Agostino was the right place but still the wrong team :thumbd:

yeah but he isn't that good either lol

but thats a good question

if/when will we ever have a devil fan as a kid play for the team? like from nj born raised to college/juniors to the nhl then the devils?

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
since the other thread was closed and i didnt get to comment on the fox trade.

i'm on the fence with these college players. some turn out good some turn out bad and some are meh. that being said the rangers are bound to hit on one of these kids being good sooner or later so thats a concern. just have to think ONE day a kid from jersey will want to come and play for his home team no? we have jersey kids in the nhl but i dont think any of them grew up in the right section of the state to be a devils fan lol.

I'm not sure what you mean by college players? Players who are drafted and choose to go to college (which is Fox)? Drafted players who go to college and then choose to go UFA (which could be Fox)? Or college undrafted FAs (which is not Fox)?

If you mean drafted kids who go to college and then go UFA, you're right that it's questionable. Clearly, they weren't stars like Makar or Eichel - or it wouldn't really make sense for them to have played all four years in college.

Btw, the Rangers did hit on Hayes (drafted college player who went UFA). He's been very good, but he's not a game changer. That's my sense for Fox. Fox could have jumped to the NHL (so after his junior year) if not sooner, so it seems unlikely he'll truly bust. But, upper echelon top pair D? Seems unlikely.

And, don't forget that the Devils signed Butcher. He didn't "come home", but he did choose to come here.

Reactions: My3Sons

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
yeah but he isn't that good either lol

but thats a good question

if/when will we ever have a devil fan as a kid play for the team? like from nj born raised to college/juniors to the nhl then the devils?

Need to acquire Carlson somehow.

Reactions: mdj12784

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Should we have also expected a Rykov contract as well? Wonder why he wasn't given one (or does he already have one with them)?
I think someone posted a link a few days ago saying Rykov is NOT coming over. Not sure why.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I can't think of a single NHL player who's grown up in NJ and grew up a Devils fan, and considering that kids in the league are young enough to have been born in an era when they were more popular than the Rags, that's inexcusable. I'm sure they were all abused.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
John Carlson is from NJ and grew up a Devils fan.

We had the chance to pick him too. Picked Tedenby instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad