Around the League 2018-19: Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ovi now at 42 with like 20 games remaining. Guy should have no issues hitting 50 this year.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Dylan Strome now 35 points in 36 games with Chicago. I wonder if we are going to see a "lite" version of this when Petan is eventually moved, would not surprise me one bit.

Reactions: bumblebeeman

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ovi now at 42 with like 20 games remaining. Guy should have no issues hitting 50 this year.

He is one of a kind isn’t he. A guy I use to love to hate until last spring but now I love. Good on him for his achievements.

Reactions: GNP

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dylan Strome now 35 points in 36 games with Chicago. I wonder if we are going to see a "lite" version of this when Petan is eventually moved, would not surprise me one bit.

Anything is possible but Strome was reunited with DeBrincat who is a point per game beast. If Petan was dropped onto the top 6 with Brayden point perhaps. It was a perfect storm in Chicago for Strome but that doesn’t happen often in life.

Ah just noticed you said a “lite” version. I give it between a 20 to 30 percent chance he finds a home as an NHL regular. Needs to Land on the right team.

Last edited:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Wow, the long-awaited Rooster Trick nearly showed up yesterday!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
He is one of a kind isn’t he. A guy I use to love to hate until last spring but now I love. Good on him for his achievements.

It took me a while to admit to myself that I wasn't giving Ovechkin the opportunity to grow up. A lot of the worst things that he did (spitting in people's faces) he had moved on from. His bullshit excuse of "oh, I should sit out the All-Star game because I feel I shouldn't attend if I'm suspended" stuck in my craw a lot too but at least he's honest enough now to say "yeah I ain't going". Like it's still something I dislike about him, especially one still so popular with the children. But at least he's honest about it.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Can you imagine having a team that wins more than 10 games in a row? What do you even do?

I expected St Louis to be in top 3 of Central before the season but had since revised that to missing altogether.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
In a few of my EHM sims, I would pick up Jordan Binnington around this season for cheap and he'd become a starter for the Jets for the next 10 or so years. Looks like his simulated success might become real.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Kadri either the concussion.
If anyone is upset by this and wants to talk about it, let me know

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I wonder if the fact that the wildcard in the West is still open causes teams that should sell to not do so, only to get pounded by Calgary/Winnipeg/Nashville?

Tough position to be in where no one is out of it

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

What a shock. :shakehead

I wonder if the fact that the wildcard in the West is still open causes teams that should sell to not do so, only to get pounded by Calgary/Winnipeg/Nashville?

Tough position to be in where no one is out of it

It’s a five team race in the west IMO. Calgary, San Jose, Vegas, Winnipeg, Nashville. Everyone else is basically filler with the possible exception of St. Louis. If I’m anyone else, I’m selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->