Around the League 2018-19: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeo's gotta be on the hotseat in St. Lou.

yeah I see him getting the first axe of the season

7bG0.gif

Reactions: Gm0ney

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Interesting that 3 of the 4 Conference finalists from last season are off to "meh" starts so far. Is there any data crunched with conference finalists having a slow start the following season? Not something I have really bothered noticing before since the Jets have never made it that far before lol.
Complete turnover of conference finalists from 2017 to 2018. Only Pittsburgh made the CF 2016 and 2017

Didn't really answer you, but something to note

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
What does that have to do with what I said? I made 2 statements of fact.

Just adding to your post not critiquing it, Hutch is rocking a .808 sv.% so far, he's always been a sub .910 goaltender which kinda proves he doesn't belong in the NHL!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just adding to your post not critiquing it, Hutch is rocking a .808 sv.% so far, he's always been a sub .910 goaltender which kinda proves he doesn't belong in the NHL!

Well, sub .910 would be fine for a backup. As long as it isn't to far 'sub' .910. :laugh:

I think Hutch is a good enough goalie to be a good backup. But I don't think he has the temperament for it. He is too high strung to be able to sit game after game and then come in and play his best.

I think he has this year to learn how to do that or be finished in the NHL. I will be surprised if he is around next year but I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a good backup for someone.

Reactions: ps241

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Two ex-Jets goalies are both out of the league who are much better than Hutch and both not much older!
Pavelec was a career .907 (and despite what Chevy may have told you, he's not just coming into his own...especially at age 31).

Steve Mason put up a career .911 - mostly on the back of a great rookie year and 3 good season in Philly...he's sub .909 in his 6 other seasons. And he's 30. His last good year was 3 seasons ago and he's since become the Zach Bogosian of goalies in terms of injuries.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Well, sub .910 would be fine for a backup. As long as it isn't to far 'sub' .910. :laugh:

I think Hutch is a good enough goalie to be a good backup. But I don't think he has the temperament for it. He is too high strung to be able to sit game after game and then come in and play his best.

I think he has this year to learn how to do that or be finished in the NHL. I will be surprised if he is around next year but I hope he proves me wrong and becomes a good backup for someone.

I was being generous with the sub .910, he's been closer to .900 in the NHL. Have to agree on the mental aspect of the game for him, always someone else's fault when he has a bad game. At 28 Hutch isn't much younger than Pavs or Mason, 31 and 30, none of them belong anywhere near the NHL!

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I was being generous with the sub .910, he's been closer to .900 in the NHL. Have to agree on the mental aspect of the game for him, always someone else's fault when he has a bad game. At 28 Hutch isn't much younger than Pavs or Mason, 31 and 30, none of them belong anywhere near the NHL!

After that game the other night he has fallen to .909 career. Al Montoya has been a typical backup and is out of the NHL at 33. His career sv% is .908. Hutch is right on the money for a backup, if he can sustain that.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Are you doing bar-down type trick shots in your driveway?

p.s. I can't see the first post of those.

What the ????

There were definitely 3. I edited out 2, now the original is gone. :huh:

I pointed out that Ari has a lot of injuries:
Galchenyuk
Chychrun
Dvorak
Merckley
Ullstrom, whoever he is
in addition to the cap dumps, Bolland and Hossa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->