Around the League 2018-19: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I went to bed after the first period of Colorado and Calgary and am shocked To see the Flames win 3-2. They were getting their asses kicked when I was watching.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Holy **** Leafs fan are unbearable. The mains are basically a Leafs thread within 20 posts. The time we have feared has arrived. The Leafs are good, out of the gate.

The main boards are never a good place Dax.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
The main boards are never a good place Dax.

Oh I've long moved on from taking most of it seriously. If you just assume most of it doesn’t know what they’re talking about or are trolls, you’re fine. I’ve become very light hearted and nonchalant about the main boards.

Reactions: ps241

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Holy **** Leafs fan are unbearable. The mains are basically a Leafs thread within 20 posts. The time we have feared has arrived. The Leafs are good, out of the gate.

Think they are bad today...wait until they win the Cup.

You know who else is going to be unbearable... SportsNet. By the time this season comes to a close you are going to swear you subscribed to a bunch of Toronto Maple Leafs sports channels.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Leafs fans were unbearable when the team was bad, did anybody expect manners and humility now that they seem to have a very good team, but as in years past as the season rolls on a couple of injuries and some bad breaks and a first round exit will put them back in their place once again. As for SN and TSN for that matter they really have only cared about the Southern Ontario market for many many years pandering to the Toronto teams and the Leafs teams in generally, I get it all about the eyeballs, as for me I stay off the main boards and cut out watching any of the talking heads programming.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I'm tired of everything on the main boards turning into a Laine vs Matthews debate.

:laugh: That debate is over. They have decided that in a re-draft it is:
1) Matthews
2) guy
3) guy
4) Laine
Laine is honoured any time they are in the same building. :laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Meanwhile, it looks like Matthews is going to cost a ton to sign. Laine might be easier to get at a very reasonable cap hit.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I went to bed after the first period of Colorado and Calgary and am shocked To see the Flames win 3-2. They were getting their asses kicked when I was watching.
Yes Rittich kept them in it in the 1st for sure. Guy's got some decent career numbers albeit in lower leagues.

Reactions: ps241

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
At least they are a few defensive upgrades away from that.

I would tend to agree with you, but are they really? Maybe the continue this torrid scoring pace and just out score their opponents on way to a Stanley Cup Victory.

Plus they still have the Nylander card to play to improve the defense, despite HF leafland’s refusal to move him for literally anything.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I would tend to agree with you, but are they really? Maybe the continue this torrid scoring pace and just out score their opponents on way to a Stanley Cup Victory.

Plus they still have the Nylander card to play to improve the defense, despite HF leafland’s refusal to move him for literally anything.
Most want to see him traded at the deadline for an upgrade on d..

Reactions: Robinson2187

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Meanwhile, it looks like Matthews is going to cost a ton to sign. Laine might be easier to get at a very reasonable cap hit.
Yep, TO may have 12 mi + in cap space, but with Nylander, Matthews & Marner to sign before next year, they've got their hands full. Still carrying 5.3 in cap space for Nathan Horton for this & next, so maybe they trade Nylander & Horton's cap for some sort of a defenseman. Also in two year's they can dump Marleau's 6.25

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
At age 33, you wonder if Stastny is ever going to be as effective as he was last season.

Yeah I think that could have been his peak and best chance to win a cup. I'm still scratching my head a bit at why he signed with them, he was on a line with 2 young stars and decided it was better to play with Alex Tuch and many other over-achievers? I don't wish anyone to get injured at all, but I also don't mind Vegas having some manure thrown back at them.

But Vegas hypnotized a lot of people last season, so whatever.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
is anyone surprised Stastny is out? last year was his first full year in a long ass time

Reactions: HannuJ

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Perhaps we dodged a bullet after all
Yeah I think that could have been his peak and best chance to win a cup. I'm still scratching my head a bit at why he signed with them, he was on a line with 2 young stars and decided it was better to play with Alex Tuch and many other over-achievers? I don't wish anyone to get injured at all, but I also don't mind Vegas having some manure thrown back at them.

But Vegas hypnotized a lot of people last season, so whatever.
because no state tax, perhaps.
or warm winters.
or he thought he'd have a better chance winning with Vegas.

in the end, who knows, who cares. he was exactly the kind of player i thought he was before he was traded here. he had moments where i was very impressed, but then he disappeared for stretches.

and dodging bullets...it's the Butterfly effect. who knows what would have happened in Winnipeg.

but the Jets dodged the Ladd extension bullet, maybe the Stastny bullet....lucky.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Perhaps we dodged a bullet after all

Dodged one. Plenty to go around. A wise man once wrote:

See the blind man
Shooting at the world
Bullets flying taking toll

If you've been bad
Oh Lord I bet you have
And you've not been hit by flying lead

You'd better close your eyes, bow your head
Wait for the ricochet

:nod:

Reactions: buggs

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
My friend who is a Leafs fan was rubbing it in yesterday that Byfuglien was injured. I told him dont worry, the hockey gods will pay you back for that taunt:

They did

Reactions: Gm0ney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->