Around The League 2018-19 Offseason part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Wow, 30 pounds overweight? :laugh:

We know what his offseason training regiment was.

giphy.gif

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
stone is a great player, but if we’re trading assets away it had better be for a defenseman
i don't think that should be the case, if the deal really does make us better. it'd be foolish to count ourselves out if all we're doing is stockpiling assets for a future D whom we don't know the identity of

i believe the term is cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Reactions: Maine Fan

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i don't think that should be the case, if the deal really does make us better. it'd be foolish to count ourselves out if all we're doing is stockpiling assets for a future D whom we don't know the identity of

i believe the term is cutting off your nose to spite your face?

i’m assuming stone will get something around 5 years, $39 million on his next contract...we have some huge re-signings coming up, and almost all of them are forwards. we have to invest in defense at some point, trading assets for one year of stone (or multiple years at a high price) makes us better, but not in the long run. basically i don’t want us to end up like toronto

edit- but again, don’t get me wrong. stone is a hell of a player, it’ll be interesting to see what the price is. if it was miles wood straight up, of course i would. but even ottawa isn’t that stupid, right?

double edit

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
You mean deal him to the Sharks for less lol

Hmmm, how about:

San Jose: RW Mark Stone
Ottawa: RW Jonas Donskoi, C Alexander Chmelevski (He plays junior in Ottawa. They can save gas money when scouting him!), autographed Arturs Irbe jersey, conditional 2043 1st round pick if San Jose trades Stone to Eastern Conference

New Jersey: RW Mark Stone
San Jose: LW John Quenneville, 2019 2nd round pick, 2043 1st round pick (lottery protected of course)

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
In terms of value to their own team , Nurse >>> Wood

thats great and all, but again, DMen and forward contracts are not comparable

the one you should be bringing up is Reinhat in Buffalo. Similar age and put up 50 points last year and got ~$3.6 for 2 years. Wood shouldn't be making close to that.

Reactions: Darkauron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad