Around The League 2018-19 Offseason part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
OTT has shown they JDGAF. That’s a very poor trade even for a rental Karlsson that’s unwilling to sign. Just dead value there.

Honestly, it's bizarre. The only conclusion I come up with is they 100% just wanted to be RID of the Karlsson saga by start of 2018-2019.

But frankly, they could have gotten a FAR better return had they just held onto Karlsson until February 2019.

The only risk, of course, is god forbid EK gets hurt before then, but honestly? With what they GOT for him? I'd take that risk.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Honestly, it's bizarre. The only conclusion I come up with is they 100% just wanted to be RID of the Karlsson saga by start of 2018-2019.

But frankly, they could have gotten a FAR better return had they just held onto Karlsson until February 2019.

The only risk, of course, is god forbid EK gets hurt before then, but honestly? With what they GOT for him? I'd take that risk.
The stupid Melnyk interview video seemed to shed some light. Melnyk said something about it not being about one player and said some things that alluded to Karlsson and shipping him out. Karlsson is clearly that one player for them.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Marchand should be kicked out of the league. Watching this game in China, a Calgary player takes a skate to the face. Has to go off and get stitches. He comes back later in the game and plays the second and third periods.

Well, midway through the third, Marchand is in the offensive zone and the puck goes out of play. He is engaged with the Calgary player. A little pushing ensues and Marchand uses the toe of his stick to try to open the guys stitches back up. I hate him so much.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Marchand should be kicked out of the league. Watching this game in China, a Calgary player takes a skate to the face. Has to go off and get stitches. He comes back later in the game and plays the second and third periods.

Well, midway through the third, Marchand is in the offensive zone and the puck goes out of play. He is engaged with the Calgary player. A little pushing ensures and Marchand uses the toe of his stick to try to open the guys stitches back up.
I hate him so much.

And yet somehow there will be no retribution. I just don’t get it. Anywhere but on the ice he’s a recidivist.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
so conte and lemaire confirmed as isles hires. that’s just kinda sad
Lou sure missed having the run of everything, huh? People who point to his time in Toronto forget that Shanahan had him on a short leash because otherwise he'd make decisions like this.

Well, midway through the third, Marchand is in the offensive zone and the puck goes out of play. He is engaged with the Calgary player. A little pushing ensues and Marchand uses the toe of his stick to try to open the guys stitches back up. I hate him so much.
God he's such a rat-faced little prick. And you know he'll never get more than a few games per suspension. Perfect player for a Boston team and their braindead fans.

Last edited:

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
And yet somehow there will be no retribution. I just don’t get it. Anywhere but on the ice he’s a recidivist.
I honestly never heard this word before ! I had to look it up to see if you misspelled it ! Nicely done M3S, you proved there are intelligent people on this forum !!!!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

God! I HATED that commercial and the stupid f***in song! f*** that commercial! Haha.

My favorite moment of the JAG post game show was when Sergey Kalinin randomly video bombed someone's interview. Kalinin was the ultimate JAG.

Reactions: Darkauron

Camille the Eel

"We" are old !!
in fact I'm so old I remember the last time the rangers won The Stanley Cup !
While I remember Hull breaking 50 goals and Orr’s rookie season.

Honestly? In ten years time you will think back to 2018 and say, “I was so much younger then, why didn’t I take advantage?” However old you are now will seem relatively young later on. And that will be the truth.

Wisdom.

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
God! I HATED that commercial and the stupid ****in song! **** that commercial! Haha.

My favorite moment of the JAG post game show was when Sergey Kalinin randomly video bombed someone's interview. Kalinin was the ultimate JAG.

Lol! I forgot all about the interview bomb. That, along with the breakaway goal where he bowled over Lundqvist, can probably be considered the greatest contribution Kalinin made while he was here.

Just like commercials that weren't promoting JAG PT, his contributions were few and far between that year.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's hockey on right now. Capitals vs Bruins on NHLN.

Aren't most of the Bruins in China?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I bet Seattle would probably love Cory and hope he becomes the next flowers for them

exactly this. obviously they aren't the same caliber and without looking at who's where in two years time cory could be an attractive option. also the devils could thrown in a sweetener

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Yea cause the stadium renovation was approved. And the Board of Governs meeting will probably announce them as the new franchise later this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad