Around The League 2018-19 Offseason part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Ducks sign Ondrej Kase to a 3 year deal at 2.8 mil/season. They have an interesting log jam at right wing with some potential openings at center if Kesler sits out for an extended period of time as seems to be expected.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
The Panthers could sign a random hfboards poster and DD would think that was a great move.:laugh:
f*** the Nouveau-Nordiques. I hope they miss the playoffs by one point again after we beat the f*** out of that irrelevant, piece of shit, waste of a franchise, in front of a bunch of empty seats, in their library of a barn in the season finale.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The league really needs to do something about sunrise and glendale.

Those franchises are bordering on mls valuations.

#hottakesforhotplaces

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
**** the Nouveau-Nordiques. I hope they miss the playoffs by one point again after we beat the **** out of that irrelevant, piece of ****, waste of a franchise, in front of a bunch of empty seats, in their library of a barn in the season finale.

They are a playoff team next season, book it.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The league really needs to do something about sunrise and glendale.

Those franchises are bordering on mls valuations.

#hottakesforhotplaces
speaking of....

found via reddit:

Mediocrity Index

tl;dr - panthers are the most mediocre team in the NHL since '00-'01, with metrics based on:

1- Making the playoffs (P)
2- Getting past the second round (S)
3- Furthest round reached (R)
4- Getting a top 3 draft pick (D)

@Devils Dominion if the panthers totally fail and miss the playoffs AGAIN next season, will your opinion of them change?

i want them to fail badly, since i realllllly want michael matheson still, via a firesale a la sens

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Any time the Panthers do something or get mentioned, it’s like a bat signal for DD to talk about how great they are or a bat signal for Cage Helmet to talk about how much of a loser joke team they are.
Except you said that last year and they didn’t....

You know what’s really funny? The Panthers have made the playoffs like five times in 24 seasons and have only won a playoff round in one year. They won three rounds that year, but were a one and done the other four times. They haven’t won a playoff round since before they got swept in the 96 finals. It would be really fun to do a “Where were you the last time the Panthers won a playoff series?”. The answers would vary anywhere from not yet even conceived to some of our older posters saying they were still basically kids.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
speaking of....

found via reddit:

Mediocrity Index

tl;dr - panthers are the most mediocre team in the NHL since '00-'01, with metrics based on:

@Devils Dominion if the panthers totally fail and miss the playoffs AGAIN next season, will your opinion of them change?

i want them to fail badly, since i realllllly want michael matheson still, via a firesale a la sens
Haha. I didn’t read your post yet before I made my last one.

The funniest is that part about how they haven’t gotten past the second round. They haven’t gotten past the first round since 1996.

Reactions: Cage Helmet

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Haha. I didn’t read your post yet before I made my last one.

The funniest is that part about how they haven’t gotten past the second round. They haven’t gotten past the first round since 1996.
i mean i don't think they're super TERRIBLE, but things just aren't working in Sunrise. I think they'll be close, but they'll miss again. but even if they do make the playoffs, no way they end up becoming contenders.

i mean, who do they have in the pipeline? denisenko, tippett, and heponiemi are solid prospects, but they hardly have any bluechip goalie prospects. luongo is getting old and reimer isn't a good goalie

Reactions: Bleedred

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Any time the Panthers do something or get mentioned, it’s like a bat signal for DD to talk about how great they are or a bat signal for Cage Helmet to talk about how much of a loser joke team they are.

Except you said that last year and they didn’t....

You know what’s really funny? The Panthers have made the playoffs like five times in 24 seasons and have only won a playoff round in one year. They won three rounds that year, but were a one and done the other four times. They haven’t won a playoff round since before they got swept in the 96 finals. It would be really fun to do a “Where were you the last time the Panthers won a playoff series?”. The answers would vary anywhere from not yet even conceived to some of our older posters saying they were still basically kids.

Last year when we were around 18 points ahead of FLA I said don't count them out.

That was an astute prediction by me at the time considering the final reg season standings.

It should not have even been close.

They are getting in this season, too much talent.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Wow! Three times in the same decade? That would be legendary! They’ve currently only made the playoffs three times since Y2K and were ousted by us two of those times. f*** them.
speaking of....

found via reddit:

Mediocrity Index

Yup. Loser franchise! One of the most inept clubs in all of pro sports.
It would be really fun to do a “Where were you the last time the Panthers won a playoff series?”. The answers would vary anywhere from not yet even conceived to some of our older posters saying they were still basically kids.
I was 13 years old and about to finish the 7th grade. I had yet to have my first kiss, pick up my first guitar or drum. I didn’t even know how to change the tube on my bicycle tire. I’m turning 36 at the end of this year. People who were born the day the Panthers last won a round in the playoffs have just graduated college a few months ago. Think about that for a second. I watched Uwe Krupp knock them out in a clean sweep in the 96 finals. I was rooting for the Avs because I loved Claude Lemieux. I was really butthurt that we let him go. I remember staying up late that night and being groggy ASF when I went to school the next morning.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Last year when we were around 18 points ahead of FLA I said don't count them out.

That was an astute prediction by me at the time considering the final reg season standings.

It should not have even been close.

They are getting in this season, too much talent.
I don't see what's so talented about them.

They're an average team at the very best, and average teams usually either just make or just miss the playoffs, or they sometimes fluke their way to a higher finish or fluke their way to a basement finish.

One of their best players is a 39 year old goaltender, who has been very injury prone over the last couple of seasons. Their defense is just whatever, their forwards past their top 6 are mediocre, their GM isn't that good, their ownership group are a bunch of a cheap f***s. They really f***ed themselves last year by gifting Vegas free talent. Or do you think they just did that because they didn't need them, since they're sooooo good enough already? They did that because Dale Tallon is a f***in moron and their ownership group don't wanna dump money into them anymore because they're cheap f***s. They even traded a pretty good defenseman they signed a year earlier for some plug that's barely a third line player. They're f***ed. They're probably already getting set to dump off Yandle for some jabroni after adding Hoffman.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
reimer isn't a good goalie
I f***in hate Reimer so much. I don't understand how he's actually had .920 seasons multiple times.

He fails the eye test badly, even when he's playing well. Too many leaky goals for a butterfly goalie. Shaky and weak body language, never looks confident in net. Usually wears an oversized jersey and looks like the adult version of that bully kid from a Christmas Story.

How many more years is he signed for? Like 3 or 4? Luongo is still good, but he's also breaking down with injuries the last couple years.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hoffman was a big add for FLA and this off-season they didn't make any foolish trades nor lose anyone.
They sure made foolish trades last year.

Dale Tallon is a bottom 5-7 GM if you ask me. What the f***'s he done down there? Even when the owners were spending he was signing Dave Bolland and Willie Mitchell and other terrible players to stupid contracts. His drafting record isn't worth bragging about for how shitty his teams have been. It's not 2000's Lou/Conte bad, but it's pretty lousy. He was also the GM in Chicago when they drafted a bunch of busts. Oh, he got Patrick Kane? That's like crediting stupid Chiarelli for picking Connor McDavid at first overall. He also presided over the Panthers when they drafted a lot of bums, outside of their really high lottery picks. Erik Gudbranson at 3rd overall though? Really? Come on man.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Imo Barkov is the kinda guy you might build a winning team around. I wouldnt be surprised if the locker room atmosphere in FLA is actually quite good and players dont want to abandon the ship anymore.

Reactions: Devils Dominion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->