Around The League 2018-19 Offseason part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Some people think Barzal and his line got points as a total fluke. When the Barzal line was on the ice they would usually gain posession, bring the puck into the opposing zone, maintain posession and pin the opposition into their own end. When you do that it's not a mystery that it led to goals and points.

and yet his line only scored one more even strength goal than he gave up regardless of shot attempts or possession numbers

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
and yet his line only scored one more even strength goal than he gave up regardless of shot attempts or possession numbers
You think that is a knock but given the team had among the most laughable defensive strategies you will ever see from a professional team the fact that the line was a plus is amazing. Look at the stats of everyone else, they are a bigger disaster than the Hindenberg.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Andrej Sekera out for awhile with a torn Achilles. He missed most of last year recovering from a torn ACL. Not sure if Edmonton has anything Carolina would want for Justin Faulk, but maybe this is good news for the Cody Fransons left on the market.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Like it. Not sure why it's not their fulltime duds. I always saw these as the true Canucks look. Even though they have gone through a bunch of others this era is probably the best they ever looked.

meh….shouldve went with harold snepsts era V

3768.jpg

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It seems like everybody is going for the black third jersey so far. Hopefully somebody does something a little more original this year. Although I should be careful what I wish for in case we do something weird for ours.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
If the Devils want to do something crazy so it doesn't look like a plain black alternate of the red jersey they could use this template:
636335627265325112-1928-Newark-Bulldogs.jpg

Where the grey is replace it with black and where the black stripes are replace it with red stripes. And a NJ logo instead of the Bulldogs. It'd be pretty unique and good looking.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If the Devils want to do something crazy so it doesn't look like a plain black alternate of the red jersey they could use this template:
636335627265325112-1928-Newark-Bulldogs.jpg

Where the grey is replace it with black and where the black stripes are replace it with red stripes. And a NJ logo instead of the Bulldogs. It'd be pretty unique and good looking.

I’m one of the few that don’t complain about any of our jerseys including our newest last year but with that being said, that jersey you posted is beyond hideous :laugh:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I’m one of the few that don’t complain about any of our jerseys including our newest last year but with that being said, that jersey you posted is beyond hideous :laugh:
Different tastes. I think the stripes are fine for an alternate. If a team like the Blackhawks wore something like that I think it would be received fairlybwell

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Different tastes. I think the stripes are fine for an alternate. If a team like the Blackhawks wore something like that I think it would be received fairlybwell

Don’t the Blackhawks actually have an alternate with similar stripes just less of them? Maybe a winter classic jersey hey wore one year?

Reactions: R8NJ

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
with how many times theyve played in the WC ive lost track of what they wore….and look! theyre playing the bruins this season

Reminds me of a recent dig I read on Twitter, forget who said this but someone made the crack that the part about Mystery, Alaska that jumped the shark was having an outdoor game without the Blackhawks :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad