Around the League 2018-19 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
That reminds me of another fun anecdote. After the Lindros being traded to two teams debacle, the NHL implemented the trade call system that still happens today. So apparently some GMs would get liquored up and crank call the NHL claiming to be another team. "I'm trading Brett Hull to (insert my team here)."

Even with that current system, it doesn't stop GMs from tipping a few and making a trade. One for one? Just saying.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
This may be the wrong thread but Binghamton signed Ryan Walker (from Spotswood, NJ) to an Amateur Tryout contract. The funny thing is that while Union (Walker's team) was defeated in the ECAC championship tournament, there's still an extremely slim opportunity for Union to make it into the NCAA tournament. The link below is the what's needed for Union to make it.
You Are The Committee

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
This may be the wrong thread but Binghamton signed Ryan Walker (from Spotswood, NJ) to an Amateur Tryout contract. The funny thing is that while Union (Walker's team) was defeated in the ECAC championship tournament, there's still an extremely slim opportunity for Union to make it into the NCAA tournament. The link below is the what's needed for Union to make it.
You Are The Committee
what happens if they get in? i assume they end the ATO?

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Not sure where to post this, but here I go. Brian Boyle is the man, he fits the preds like a glove and has a strong chemistry with our littlest guy on the ice Rocco Grimaldi. I love that tandem. I hope this trade winds up working well for both teams in the end, cheers boys!
I was starting to wonder how he was doing over there, other than seeing that he's getting some goals. Glad to see you folks are liking him as much as we did.

I don't know if it's happened with NSH yet, but it's a lot of fun when he gets angry on your teams' behalf. He really seems to get fired up against Dallas for some reason.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Not sure where to post this, but here I go. Brian Boyle is the man, he fits the preds like a glove and has a strong chemistry with our littlest guy on the ice Rocco Grimaldi. I love that tandem. I hope this trade winds up working well for both teams in the end, cheers boys!

Never had any doubt. The guy fits in well with any locker room it seems. Glad that he's helping you guys out and scoring some big goals, really pulling for Nashville in the end and especially for Boyler.

Camille the Eel

Tampa is at 120 points with 7 to play. Record is the 1975-76 Habs at 132. If the Bolts run the table they have 134. 6 of 7 and they tie.

Odds anyone? They’ve already just won 6 straight. Ending the season with 13 straight to get to 134 is a long long long shot. But that it’s even possible is testimony of an amazing season.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Tampa is at 120 points with 7 to play. Record is the 1975-76 Habs at 132. If the Bolts run the table they have 134. 6 of 7 and they tie.

Odds anyone? They’ve already just won 6 straight. Ending the season with 13 straight to get to 134 is a long long long shot. But that it’s even possible is testimony of an amazing season.

didn’t we finish a season with 12 straight wins or something?

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
didn’t we finish a season with 12 straight wins or something?
Yeah. I think that's the year they swept the Rangers in the first round because I remember them having 16 straight wins and feeling like they were on top of the world. Second round didn't go so well :(

Reactions: MartyOwns

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

They are on a mission and with that team being so deep and other teams just playing out the season, I wouldn’t doubt them personally. I will have to take a look at their schedule closer.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd be amused if Tampa went full Golden State Warriors from a couple years ago (the 73-win season) only to be upended in the finals like they were.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Columbus loses to Edmonton last night. Interesting that Columbus has multiple FA's that some posters here want the Devils to pursue and even suggest over paying for that are not helping their team win. 4-5-1 in their last 10.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Columbus loses to Edmonton last night. Interesting that Columbus has multiple FA's that some posters here want the Devils to pursue and even suggest over paying for that are not helping their team win. 4-5-1 in their last 10.

unless people here want us pursuing tortarella, we’ll be fine. they have a pretty stacked lineup (especially forwards). the problem, as usual, is torts. every team eventually tunes him out...and while that happens eventually with most coaches, in torts’ case when he gets turned out, there is no redeeming quality left. if you’re not playing his system perfectly, you’re dead

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want Columbus to miss out so Jim Kinkaid can tell us how much better going to Columbus was for his career, especially when he gets zero starts, and I expect him to get zero starts unless they clinch a spot before the regular season ends and he’d play the finale against Ottawa.

It seems like after last night with Korpisalo (who allowed two poor goals) they’re gonna have to go with Bobrovsky until they clinch or get eliminated and if he plays like it’s a contract year, they might get in.

You can’t lose to Edmonton while trying to make the playoffs. Our AHL team beat them last week in their building.

Our AHL team also held them to like 18 shots in 65 minutes and they needed a shootout to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad