Around The League 2018-19 IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I mean he still has term left on his deal, its not like he is UFA.

I would have liked to have acquired him but I am not one of the "WHY AREN'T WE IN ON THIS?!" people.
Never mind if we had anything they would have wanted in a trade, if Shero does not believe the player will help long term there is no reason to try and acquire him. He has three years left but if his production does not improve he will not be a value contract. Not sure why a rebuilding team that is not making the playoffs this year would trade for him at this point.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Never mind if we had anything they would have wanted in a trade, if Shero does not believe the player will help long term there is no reason to try and acquire him. He has three years left but if his production does not improve he will not be a value contract. Not sure why a rebuilding team that is not making the playoffs this year would trade for him at this point.

so basically its your opinion that we should...not trade for anyone with term? Not trade for anyone thats 26?

not really sure I get that or agree with it.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
so basically its your opinion that we should...not trade for anyone with term? Not trade for anyone thats 26?

not really sure I get that or agree with it.
Shero may view acquiring Nino like I do.

"I've said all along, with the support of managing partners, Josh (Harris) and David (Blitzer), that you don't build a team that's rebuilding through free agent signings that would handcuff you in 3-to-4 years," Shero said. "Doing something for the sake of getting a little bit better, or to just say you're doing something, is patchwork and not a plan. There's only one way to do this. The idea is to build something that once you do build it, you're in a good position each year to have a chance to make the playoffs and at a certain point you're considered a Cup contender.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Shero may view acquiring Nino like I do.

"I've said all along, with the support of managing partners, Josh (Harris) and David (Blitzer), that you don't build a team that's rebuilding through free agent signings that would handcuff you in 3-to-4 years," Shero said. "Doing something for the sake of getting a little bit better, or to just say you're doing something, is patchwork and not a plan. There's only one way to do this. The idea is to build something that once you do build it, you're in a good position each year to have a chance to make the playoffs and at a certain point you're considered a Cup contender.

I think when he says that bolded quote, he's talking about signing a older free agent just to "get a little bit better"

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
lol holy ****, zach parise had 11 shots in their loss tonight
Just a terrible and absolutely embarrassingly awful night for the franchise. First we get embarrassed by the team of our former illustrious GM who we jettisoned for even more dark years, then our once prized franchise player who walked does this tonight? The terror! What's next? Schneider gets traded to Anaheim tomorrow and shuts us out on Saturday? :sarcasm:

Reactions: OmNomNom

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Just a terrible and absolutely embarrassingly awful night for the franchise. First we get embarrassed by the team of our former illustrious GM who we jettisoned for even more dark years, then our once prized franchise player who walked does this tonight? The terror! What's next? Schneider gets traded to Anaheim tomorrow and shuts us out on Saturday? :sarcasm:

*Crosses fingers*

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The idea is to build something that once you do build it, you're in a good position each year to have a chance to make the playoffs and at a certain point you're considered a Cup contender.

i love shero, but that’s incredibly vague and stupid. what kind of logic is that lol

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Anaheim finally won

I'd thought they would roll into Newark on that lonnngg losing streak .

Now they are on a W streak, of 1

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Find it funny that islanders dont know where they would play their playoff games..... apparently no one planned for it

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hah, they aren't contractually obligated to play them at Barclays?
Word is that the league will let them play the first round at the Coliseum but anything beyond that has to be at Barclays because all the league cares about is making a quick buck. The Isles owners fought like hell to get the league to allow games at the Coliseum. I hope God settles the whole issue by creating a gigantic sinkhole that swallow Barclays and it disappears forever.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The Dallas Stars... riddle me that. What a ****ing clown show that franchise is at the moment.

The owner obviously has his issues with Benn, but a lot of the fans are starting to turn on him, too. I don't think the organization can or will move on from Seguin, but I'm starting to wonder if they'll cut ties with Benn.

That core has been together far too long to have accomplished such little success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad