Around The League 2018-19 IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The whole trade doesnt make sense really carolina made out like bandits. The canes wanted to offset the cost an only added 1.5m to their cap an got a great player, waddell did good here

Great player? Let's slow down the hype train, he had one 50-point season a couple years ago but the rest of the time he's topped out as a high 30-low 40 point player. Same as Rask till he bottomed out this year. Not that I wouldn't rather have Nino over Rask but this isn't quite a Chiarelli-esque trade.

Reactions: Oneiro and MadDevil

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Just here to once again provide a reminder that it takes two parties to make a trade, and we have no idea if Niederreiter was even available for long before a call was made.

Rask is only 25 and could use a change of scenery now with this new regime taking over in Carolina. We don't exactly have a player comparable to Rask, so not sure what we could have really offered that would make sense.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This isn't the team thread, let's stick to discussing the trade itself.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I really don't think this was some sort of robbery. Yeah, Rask hasn't been very good this year but it's possible that Brind'Amour and company aren't a fan of his game very much and he could get back to his typical production in Minnesota. He's also a center with a cheaper cap hit.

Also, lol at the Hurricanes acquiring El Nino. There's a joke in there somewhere.

Reactions: NJDevs26

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I haven't watched Nino that many times, but of the times I have, I never once thought "That's a guy I want on the Devils.". I feel like he is quite overrated.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Lebrun saying that the Canes are still looking to acquire a top-6 forward using one of their defenseman.

Mojo for literally any of their defensemen?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Lebrun saying that the Canes are still looking to acquire a top-6 forward using one of their defenseman.

Mojo for literally any of their defensemen?

I think they've been angling for a younger forward (namely Nylander) with term. Faulk was a popular trade candidate over the summer when he lost the "C", but it seems like now they might be open to moving Hamilton. Don't think we're a match.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think they've been angling for a younger forward (namely Nylander) with term. Faulk was a popular trade candidate over the summer when he lost the "C", but it seems like now they might be open to moving Hamilton. Don't think we're a match.

After giving up so much to get him in the first place? I know he has been poor this season, but this seems extreme.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
After giving up so much to get him in the first place? I know he has been poor this season, but this seems extreme.

Hopefully the link formats correctly, HF converts Sportnet URL into videos for some reason: Hurricanes could deal Dougie Hamilton as they look to enter trade market - Sportsnet.ca

The Carolina Hurricanes are looking like they want to enter the trade market and could use defenceman Dougie Hamilton to do so.

“[A] name I’m curious about is Dougie Hamilton,” Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman said during the Headlines segment of Hockey Night in Canada Saturday. “They have four right-shot defencemen, they’ve been asked about Hamilton. If you’re willing to come back to them with a score I think that they would consider doing it.”

Obviously not concrete, but it's been speculated. Plus you never know with their hot shot owner and what he might order with his new toy not currently in a playoff spot.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
When it comes to the Canes, I'm more curious about Adam Fox when he graduates and if he'll want to go to a team with less of a logjam on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad