Around The League 2018-19 IIl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would be interested in trading for RNH to be our #2C but I have no idea what a deal for him would look like.
With Chiarelli still there, the price would probably be Mirco Mueller or Steve Santini.

But act now! These deals will only last a VERY limites time (April)! When Chiarelli is fired.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Give him some time. It takes a while to unlearn what he was taught here :sarcasm:

Funny thing is when you play with an organization that actually asks you to play defense things look a little different. Figured he'd go back to being a third-pairing guy sooner rather than later but still I didn't think it'd get THIS bad for him this quickly.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Funny thing is when you play with an organization that actually asks you to play defense things look a little different. Figured he'd go back to being a third-pairing guy sooner rather than later but still I didn't think it'd get THIS bad for him this quickly.
Not sure how different things look. He still sucks at D.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
NHL.com had him second in Jack Adams rating like a week ago.
Which tells you exactly how clueless and embarrassing the hockey media really is. Him putting Suckbotka (a strong contender for worst player in the entire league) on the ice with 3 minutes left in a tie game 4v4 against Tampa's Murderers Row may have been the stupidest thing I have ever seen a coach do. Stevie Wonder could've seen exactly what was going to happen.

Reactions: Bleedred

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I just didn't understand going 5 years for Moore

I know you have to do things in free agency to get guys to sign, but woof. I would have much rather overpaid him in $$ than in term

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I just didn't understand going 5 years for Moore

I know you have to do things in free agency to get guys to sign, but woof. I would have much rather overpaid him in $$ than in term
I personally think in general with many free agents that it would be better to overpay than give term. Seeing how many bad long term contracts there are around the league with multiple years left that carry a 5+ mil cap hit, I'd rather not have that.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I personally think in general with many free agents that it would be better to overpay than give term. Seeing how many bad long term contracts there are around the league with multiple years left that carry a 5+ mil cap hit, I'd rather not have that.
Depends on where your team is with respect to being a contender and your cap situation. For a team near the floor like the Devils the higher salary/less term contract works. For contenders near the cap the lesser salary/longer term can be good.

Another bad free agent contract. I am shocked.:sarcasm:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
From: https://theathletic.com/767688/2019/01/14/incident-explained-sergei-bobrovsky-was-not-available-to-play-after-getting-pulled-versus-tampa/ (Paywall)

When Blue Jackets goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky was pulled from a game last Tuesday at Tampa Bay, he walked straight to the dressing room and started peeling off his gear. There were 11 minutes, 7 seconds remaining in the game.

Bobrovsky’s actions incensed Tortorella but also infuriated and disappointed his teammates, sources said, prompting a meeting with the Blue Jackets’ leadership group before they boarded a flight from Tampa to Columbus.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Is there usually this many bad teams in a season? I seem to remember there being a lot of mediocre teams each year.

This year the East has already been narrowed down to 10 teams and that generously includes the Hurricanes.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Very interesting conversation on NHL radio this morning regarding the New York Islanders. last year the Islanders were 31 out of 31 in goals-against average currently they're ranked number 1 in the league what's changed?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Very interesting conversation on NHL radio this morning regarding the New York Islanders. last year the Islanders were 31 out of 31 in goals-against average currently they're ranked number 1 in the league what's changed?

Tavares was a defensive sieve :sarcasm:

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018

Leo Komarov

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
barry_trotz.jpg

Reactions: Aethon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->