Around The League 2018-19 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It's so odd the NHLN telecast is like a half hour tape delayed behind the actual ceremony...they already went through Bettman and St. Louis's speeches irl (per Twitter) but they just finished Bettman with MSL coming up on the telecast.
I'm guessing they don't have commercial breaks in the actual ceremony, so they may kind of catch up by the end of the ceremony.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm guessing they don't have commercial breaks in the actual ceremony, so they may kind of catch up by the end of the ceremony.

lol well if you don't want any spoilers stay off Twitter then. They're already on Willie O'Ree's speech irl. Guess Marty's gonna speak last by my guess.

Actually if they started the ceremony before the telecast and there's no commercial breaks that means it would end way earlier, not on time. Maybe there's actually MORE of a break between inductions than the commercial breaks, that would be the only way it would catch up.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Might be tough, St. Louis had a couple Art Ross trophies and a Hart trophy as a feather in his cap, along with a couple other seasons in the top 5 in scoring. Unfortunately individual accolades help with nomination and Patrik won't have those. Daniel Alfredsson might be the better comparable and he's been passed over twice so far.

And with it being the Hockey Hall of Fame (ie, not just the NHL HoF), St. Louis having an Olympic Gold maybe helps out a little bit as well.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Might be tough, St. Louis had a couple Art Ross trophies and a Hart trophy as a feather in his cap, along with a couple other seasons in the top 5 in scoring. Unfortunately individual accolades help with nomination and Patrik won't have those. Daniel Alfredsson might be the better comparable and he's been passed over twice so far.

And with it being the Hockey Hall of Fame (ie, not just the NHL HoF), St. Louis having an Olympic Gold maybe helps out a little bit as well.
how many czech born players are in the hall of fame? jagr is gonna be one, obviously

edit: only 1 - hasek. are there other great czech players who haven't been inducted? because it doesn't seem so.

Czech NHL Players ‑ All-Time Stats

only jagr has more points

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Commence speculation.

I know Sprong has been rumored to be on the block, wonder if they're taking on a decent contract and have to unload another elsewhere.

He says, without knowing the Pens' cap situation at all.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Penguins have made a trade.

Except they havent.

Yet.

But it may get done.

Or it may not.

Suffice it to say, Jim Rutherford sure doesnt run as tight a ship from the standpoint of "no leaks" as Lou does.

Reactions: nugg and NJDevils17

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Other then faces changing places Im not sure how this really effects either team.

It helps LA for cap reasons longer term, but right now, in season it seems like a trade just to trade.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's not that bad for the Penguins, not that I think Pearson is all that great, but he could play decent putting him on one of their better centers' wings.

Hagelin for LA for speed I guess? He doesn't provide a ton else.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
NBA style trade for the Kings. Clears 3.75 mil off their books with Pearson having been signed through 2021. They didn't have a ton of wiggle room with the cap, so this at least opens up some space to shuffle the deck in the offseason. Hagelin, on an expiring deal, would be easier to trade again at the deadline than Pearson since a lot of teams would hesitate to add a contract with term.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I guess I was really thinking MarJo. He's got 5 points in 15 games so on paper he doesn't quite look THAT bad. Maybe we could get someone like Sprong for him.
Trading MarJo is almost a "must" for Shero at this point. Obviously don't think we can get a lot for him, but a one (underperforming)-for-one (underperforming) type trade might work if we get lucky and the player we are getting is a better fit chemistry-wise.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Trading MarJo is almost a "must" for Shero at this point. Obviously don't think we can get a lot for him, but a one (underperforming)-for-one (underperforming) type trade might work if we get lucky and the player we are getting is a better fit chemistry-wise.
Right, hence a "change of scenery" trade :)

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

A few weeks back, I was going back and forth with a Wild poster on the trade board, and he offered Johansson for Niederreiter straight up.

I'd do that trade without hesitation. Helps Minnesota in the way PIT helped LA here, as the Wild afford themselves cap flexibility by getting out from underneath the long-term commitment to Nino.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Hagelin, to me, is a player that looks much better than he actually is. He was pretty good as a Ranger way back, but in Pittsburgh he never really showed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad