Around the League, 2018-19 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
About the Sharks, what happens if they miss the playoffs or far out of it at the deadline, does that mean Karlsson becomes a UFA or is traded ?
Instead of re-signing with a team that might headed in the wrong direction (players getting old & their goalie is below average to average at best). Pavelski is older than Getzlaf. Burns & Vlasic is much older than any of the Ducks Top4 D. Couture is older than any of the Ducks young forwards.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Austin Matthews is un f***ing believable.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If Bob is smart (sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't) he will let Getzlaf go to UFA with an understanding of an agreeable offer after July 1.

It would be brilliant. Let him be a UFA & sign him after the expansion draft.

There is a few things that could happen before we get to the expansion draft:
Mahura emerges as a Top 4D & they move Fowler in a package for a 1st line Center, Fowler's type of D-man can be replaced if Mahura turns into a good one. Lindholm is much harder to replace with what he brings to the team in terms of defense + offense.

3 of the last 4 seasons including this year Fowler has missed alot of games while playing a non-physical style of defense. Lindholm should finish with about 76 games played this year which makes 3 of his last 4 years more durable & he plays a more physical style than Fowler.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I still prefer the Seattle Kraken.

i don't understand why so many people want this name. sure it sounds cool but the kraken is a part of scandinavian lore. absolutely nothing to do with seattle

the totems would be the most fitting name

Reactions: Dryish

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
i don't understand why so many people want this name. sure it sounds cool but the kraken is a part of scandinavian lore. absolutely nothing to do with seattle

I know this is off topic but in the KHL there is a team with a name ''Traktor'' (yes, a ''tractor'' in english) and their logo is a... bear

Reactions: Arthuros

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca

Seattle is a port town and so stories of sea monsters obviously go along regardless of the origin. Plus, team names don't always have to be directly associated with things from that city/state. Unless there's a bunch of native penguins in Pittsburgh I don't know about.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

PaddyMcStackin

Goalier Than Thou
Apr 18, 2018
I know this is off topic but in the KHL there is a team with a name ''Traktor'' (yes, a ''tractor'' in english) and their logo is a... bear

tenor.gif

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Edmonton is just a very bad team. It wasn't on Ralph Kruger, it wasn't on Dallas Eakins, or McClellan and it isn't on Hitchcock. They just blow. It's amazing they haven't gotten Lowe out of that front office still

I think McDavid will regret signing the contract he did when he did. I know it's great to be a guaranteed multi-millionaire but he could have waited 2 more years and controlled where he goes a lot more. He's just going to toil away there now.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
It would be brilliant. Let him be a UFA & sign him after the expansion draft.

If he agrees to it, it would be a win for BM, but I've seen this movie before.
It didn't work too well for Ducks the last time a BM gm had a "handshake" UFA agreement with the team's franchise player ...

Reactions: Fighter

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton is just a very bad team. It wasn't on Ralph Kruger, it wasn't on Dallas Eakins, or McClellan and it isn't on Hitchcock. They just blow. It's amazing they haven't gotten Lowe out of that front office still

I think McDavid will regret signing the contract he did when he did. I know it's great to be a guaranteed multi-millionaire but he could have waited 2 more years and controlled where he goes a lot more. He's just going to toil away there now.

Yep they’re a horrific team and while Hitchcock will be good for them in many ways he still won’t get them to the playoffs and is going to stifle McDavids offensive numbers in the process. I thought this was going to be the year he lapped he field but it won’t be with Hitchcock at the helm.

Chiarelli needed to go before McLellan. Their D is a pile of garbage, can’t believe they traded a hart trophy winner for a number 5 dman.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yep they’re a horrific team and while Hitchcock will be good for them in many ways he still won’t get them to the playoffs and is going to stifle McDavids offensive numbers in the process. I thought this was going to be the year he lapped he field but it won’t be with Hitchcock at the helm.

Chiarelli needed to go before McLellan. Their D is a pile of garbage, can’t believe they traded a hart trophy winner for a number 5 dman.
If they had traded Hall within the Pacific they could have gotten Fowler

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
"Trip"...where have I seen Kneeordano do this before??

The knee on knee hit to Koivu proves Giordano likely intentionally kneed Fowler in April 2017.
Flames are a dirty team. Giordano/Tkachuk/Neal

Giordano really should be known as a dirty player. If he played for the Ducks he'd have that rep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->