Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Two of the biggest ?? in the league -- what the heck are they doing. If Mont had the offence to make up for that deficit that would be one thing but now that they have let Radulov walk, and with zip at C, Price better be dang good or they are taking a major nosedive.

Yea I really feel like Price is a blessing and a curse now. Montreal is "locked in the trunk of a car".

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
Teams play on ice, not on paper. As much as I would love to see the Habs sink into oblivion, I have no expectation of that actually happening.

Well, but they will. Price will be good enough to get them to the playoffs but little else so they wont ever really be able to rebuild.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Well, but they will. Price will be good enough to get them to the playoffs but little else so they wont ever really be able to rebuild.

They're basically the anti Jets, where our forwards and **** were good enough to get into the playoffs, but we were mired in mediocre goaltending. Meanwhile, their defense and forwards are mediocre, but they have world-class goaltending. I wouldn't say their prospect pool is anything to crow about, either.

Last edited:

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
They're basically the anti Jets, where are forwards and **** we're good enough to get into the playoffs, but we were mired in mediocre goaltending. Meanwhile, their defense and forwards are mediocre, but they have world-class goaltending. I wouldn't say their prospect pool is anything to crow about, either.

Pretty much exact opposite.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
"Bad Buff" played in the same league last year.

What camp can we send him to so Mason and Hellebuyck will stop more pucks next year?

Maybe Buff just played to much hockey last year. Between Da Beauty League and World Cup, then the ice time he got on the Jets. I think Big Buff should actually hit the lake and fish for awhile. He needs some R&R.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am still a fan of the Kuli signing and I was one of the few people who didn't think we "needed" help this year on D. Our challenges with our D core in descending order in the past few seasons have been Health, depth on the left side, handedness, and crappy goaltending behind them. Kuli is a bit expensive but that is what it costs on July 1st. I am not a huge fan of heading into the season counting on Myers and Toby to be healthy and I think Kuli provides some necessary quality depth on the left side.

As far as the Cap goes I have faith Chevy has taken this into consideration. Kevin has his strengths and weaknesses but he is a really bright guy and the former cap master from his Chicago days and I am sure this signing fits into "his" plan.

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
Yea I really feel like Price is a blessing and a curse now. Montreal is "locked in the trunk of a car".

I'm curious...how is being locked in the trunk of a car a blessing and a curse? That just sounds ******.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm curious...how is being locked in the trunk of a car a blessing and a curse? That just sounds ******.

:laugh: Let me take a stab at it. Price is not the 'being locked in the trunk' part. He is the car, a very nice AMG SL63. That's a blessing. You (actually Habs) are locked in its trunk. That's the curse. :laugh:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I am still a fan of the Kuli signing and I was one of the few people who didn't think we "needed" help this year on D. Our challenges with our D core in descending order in the past few seasons have been Health, depth on the left side, handedness, and crappy goaltending behind them. Kuli is a bit expensive but that is what it costs on July 1st. I am not a huge fan of heading into the season counting on Myers and Toby to be healthy and I think Kuli provides some necessary quality depth on the left side.

As far as the Cap goes I have faith Chevy has taken this into consideration. Kevin has his strengths and weaknesses but he is a really bright guy and the former cap master from his Chicago days and I am sure this signing fits into "his" plan.

I think you hit nail on the head with this.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
:laugh: Let me take a stab at it. Price is not the 'being locked in the trunk' part. He is the car, a very nice AMG SL63. That's a blessing. You (actually Habs) are locked in its trunk. That's the curse. :laugh:

Or maybe like you're locked in a trunk, but there's a real cute girl (or boy, depending what you're in to) stuck in there with you. ;)

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
So Slavin signs for 7 years x 5.3. It's making my think that Trouba's hold out really worked for him. Most of his comparables make in the 6-7 year x 5-6 million range: Slavin, Reilly, Risto, Hamilton, Jones etc. Despite this a lot of fans on this board including myself assume he will get close to 7 million a year, with some going as high as 8 million a year. He hasn't done anything to separate himself from this group except hold out. I wonder what management plans on paying him.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So Slavin signs for 7 years x 5.3. It's making my think that Trouba's hold out really worked for him. Most of his comparables make in the 6-7 year x 5-6 million range: Slavin, Reilly, Risto, Hamilton, Jones etc. Despite this a lot of fans on this board including myself assume he will get close to 7 million a year, with some going as high as 8 million a year. He hasn't done anything to separate himself from this group except hold out. I wonder what management plans on paying him.

You need to count RFA years vs UFA years when you compare those guys to a Trouba's contract. Don't forget they are all currently out earning him by a considerable margin.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Bingo.

WerdnaG

Jun 27, 2017
I dont know about you guys....but K dont give a good god damn how nice the car is....I still dont want to be locked in its trunk.

If for no other reason then that really nice cars usually have really small trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->