Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This is one of the most nauseating hockey related article I have read NHL: Sharks, San Jose might be perfect fit for Evander Kane

I don't care about Kane anymore and don't care where he plays but the tone that writer struck with this article is just yikes... I get that he is a beat writer trying to do a puff piece on a player and suck up to the Sharks management but he didn't have to go there and it grosses me out.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
This is one of the most nauseating hockey related article I have read NHL: Sharks, San Jose might be perfect fit for Evander Kane

I don't care about Kane anymore and don't care where he plays but the tone that writer struck with this article is just yikes... I get that he is a beat writer trying to do a puff piece on a player and suck up to the Sharks management but he didn't have to go there and it grosses me out.

:laugh: Next the guy will tell us Kane would have been great in Atlanta because of its demographics and hip hop culture. Except Georgia’s a right wing state so maybe not. :sarcasm: :laugh: My opinion of an article like this is, is it will hurt your journalistic career more then it’ll help.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Yeah the article was a bit over the top :shakehead

I did think this video linked from it was pretty cool - do teams often do "mic'd up" from actual games? It's interesting to hear the dialogue from a real game.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Agreed. The article is trash, and the inferences it tries to make are disgusting.

Reactions: sipowicz

Whileee

May 29, 2010

The broad accusation that Kane was run out of Winnipeg due to racism is offensive and wrong. His attitude stunk. Period.

Kane was finally run out of town and off the Jets by Buff, a well known racist, of course. Buff did what all his teammates wanted to do.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I disliked Kane from the get go. Not as a player so much (although I did think he was quite overrated) but due to all the other stuff.

When I was still living in Winnipeg, me and a few of my co-workers had the unfortunate displeasure of seeing his entitled BS first hand. I won't comment about it here but if anyone wants to know the details they can PM me.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Dallas lost to Montreal. Colorado beating Minny 3-1 in the 3rd.

Out of town scoreboard doing us some favours tonight at least.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Dallas is playing putrid hockey and have a tough schedule down the stretch. They are likely done.

I'd like to see Nill gone in the off season but that won't happen. His job should be on the line if he has a poor summer though.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Man it sucks that Dallas is shitting the bed right now. Would have liked to face them in the 1st round. Would have been good series from an entertainment perspective. Sucks that now we most likely face Bore-isotta Wild.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Man it sucks that Dallas is ****ting the bed right now. Would have liked to face them in the 1st round. Would have been good series from an entertainment perspective. Sucks that now we most likely face Bore-isotta Wild.
When you are in the playoffs nothing is boring. I like playing Minny. A lot of Jets fans will try to scoop up tickets in their barn and it should add to the cross border rivalry.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I prefer the matchup with Dallas as we had easier wins against them There is only 3 points between Stars and Wild and they are still going to play twice with each other so it’s too soon to who might finish third on the division
I concede 1st to Nashville The Jets should rest players once we have a lock on 2nd place

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The broad accusation that Kane was run out of Winnipeg due to racism is offensive and wrong. His attitude stunk. Period.

Kane was finally run out of town and off the Jets by Buff, a well known racist, of course. Buff did what all his teammates wanted to do.

Kane with no brain ran out his welcome quick in Winnipeg despite being arguably the most popular Jet with the return of 2.0, he wore out his welcome in Buffalo and managed to slag that city on the way out and it's won't be long before San Jose becomes his target with something like too many smart people here!

Kane with no brain, the smug, self entitled, narcissistic douche!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

The money phone had to do with race? Sure Kane keep chirping.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
The money phone had to do with race? Sure Kane keep chirping.
What was lost in the article is that money phone pic was posted right in the middle of a lockout where many people who don't make 6 figure salaries were out of work and Kane got flack from all corners not just Winnipeg. Also suggesting race is not as much of an issue in an American city is laughable to say the least. Sadly racism is everywhere but nowhere is it more of a hot button topic than in the United States.

Reactions: Huffer and Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad