Around the League 2014 (non-Yotes NHL talk)

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Dallas - Seguin/Spezza
LA - Kopitar/Carter
Anaheim - Getzlaf/Kesler
San Jose - Thornton/Pavelski
Colorado - Duchene/MacKinnon
Chicago - Toews/ ?
St. Louis - Backes/ ?

Arizona - Hanzal/Gagner
Hahahaha..

:(

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Dallas - Seguin/Spezza
LA - Kopitar/Carter
Anaheim - Getzlaf/Kesler
San Jose - Thornton/Pavelski
Colorado - Duchene/MacKinnon
Chicago - Toews/ ?
St. Louis - Backes/ ?

Arizona - Hanzal/Gagner
Stars center depth 3 July 2013:
Cody Eakin
Vern Fiddler

Stars center depth 1 July 2014:
Tyler Seguin
Jason Spezza
Shawn Horcoff
Cody Eakin

A lot can change in a very little time.

That said, I ain't scurred of who they have at center, because the blue lines in DAL and COL are still a joke.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
About our only hope is petitioning the NHL to let us stay in Arizona but be in the Eastern Conference. #wegotnothin

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Oilers agree to terms with defenceman Mark Fayne on a four-year contract and winger Benoit Pouliot on a five-year contract.

5-years, $20M for Pouliot... 4-years, $14.5M for Fayne

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Jesus H. Christ that is a lot of money for Pouliot.. too much. Typical EDM, though.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Edmonton hasn't finished higher than 6th since 1990. It's reasons like this...

I think it's the other way around. When you're a perennial bottom-dweller, you have to substantially overpay to acquire guys via FA. Unfortunately, now that they've handed out the big contracts to their kids, too, I don't know how sustainable that process is...

He's a big winger, and they need some size. Purcell and Pouliot are both the same skill set they already have, though. Size without intensity isn't worth all that much. But if they can get their third line rolling with Purcell and Pouliot and ??? then that should help them.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/07/02/report-claude-giroux-arrested-in-ottawa

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Claude Giroux was arrested Tuesday night according to the Ottawa Sun. A source told the Ottawa Sun Giroux was “repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer” and alcohol is believed to be involved.

Here is a picture from he main board.

Jokinen.png

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Looks like the top remaining FA forwards are (not in order):

Alfredsson
Grabovski
Kulemin
Legwand
Roy
Vrbata

Anyone I'm overlooking?

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
I think Setoguchi is a better option than most on that list.

I'm interested to see who takes a shot with Heatley and what kind of contract he gets. If he comes really cheap I actually wouldn't mind if the Yotes did. Also interested to see how Whitney does.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Not a fan of Roy off that list. Some I like more than others. I'd add Seto, as well. Even Ott and Stempniak in front of Roy.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
@wyshynski
John Scott signs with the San Jose Sharks, presumably to punch the other 17 skaters in the face if they blow another 3-0 lead.

---

Also like Setoguchi, also don't see a need for Roy. I think I'm on the record saying Cheap Heatley would be interesting next to Ribeiro, but now, I'd rather see Lessio in over his head than Heatley at any price. Lessio can at least keep up with Gagner in open ice, whereas Heatley and Ribeiro (and a Moss-type 3rd) would be a slow, grindy kind of line. And Whitney's done. Not a single DAL fan wants him back, and that's probably a clue.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think Setoguchi is a better option than most on that list.

I'm interested to see who takes a shot with Heatley and what kind of contract he gets. If he comes really cheap I actually wouldn't mind if the Yotes did. Also interested to see how Whitney does.

Heatley by many accounts would be as toxic as Ribs was to our locker room. There are better options out there.

huhwhtfkr

Aug 21, 2010
I dont think you can count whitney out. he'll come cheap, has history of being a good room guy and some skills left.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Wayne Gretzky could be on his way back to the NHL as an owner, but in an entirely new location.

The New York Post reported Friday that Gretzky has joined a group of investors trying to bring an NHL team to Seattle.

The Post states that Gretzky's group is one of three trying to get a team to the Pacific Northwest, though it's not known if the method would be to buy an existing franchise or set up an expansion team.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman visited Seattle in May, meeting with mayor Ed Murray. An NHL spokesperson confirmed the meeting then and said the commissioner was there getting an update on the status of a new arena being proposed by investor Chris Hansen.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456459

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Am I the only one who didn't notice that Gilbert Brule is playing for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg in the KHL?

Sounds like firefighting didn't work out for him.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Am I the only one who didn't notice that Gilbert Brule is playing for Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg in the KHL?

Sounds like firefighting didn't work out for him.

Poor kid, so many unlucky breaks in his career, not to mention his dad was apparently a major ass. It's too bad too, because I was lucky enough to meet him once and he seemed like the coolest, most laid back dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->