Around the League 19: And Down the Stretch They Come...OK, Who Hit the Pause Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
No more Brooklyn, no more SUV. Sad, I'm sure the Islander fans will miss it :sarcasm:

My goodness Pens fans are whiny and entitled...they're ready to call for Sullivan's head after a 6 game losing streak DESPITE the fact that he got them to 1st in the Metro WITHOUT Crysby prior to that....

They were calling for his during the 2017-18 season, the season in which they were gunning for their 3rd straight Cup. :facepalm:

Reactions: WreckingCrew

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
TOR now with a 5 point lead over FLA with them both having played 66 games. I, for one, hope that holds. With TOR making the playoffs, it eliminates any doomsday scenarios with the pick going to NYR for Skjei.

Panthers look like they've given up for the season. That Bobrovsky contract is going to be a giant hurdle for years.

I guess losing to your own zamboni driver woke up the Leafs.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Raise up! Take yo shirt off lol

73ECB5BF-629E-4CF3-B309-A41BDF77C13E.gif

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I hope the boys are tougher than you are.

I hope so too. I just don’t see a team missing both it’s goalies and 2 of its top 3 defenseman coming from behind to make the playoffs. Has a lot more to do with no being good enough than not being mentally tough enough.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It’s a bizarre time in HFCanes where the suggestion of a very likely 9th place finish is met with derision.

It depends on your definition of “very likely.” Canes are in 8th by points percentage and have a 60%+ chance of making the playoffs according to most models.

The disingenuous part of this post, however, is the implication that you said something like “gee 9th place might be becoming a real possibility” instead of “yeah this season is over.” Bit of a goalpost shift there, no? If you’re saying that you don’t like where we are in the standings and 9th might actually happen, there’s nothing for you and I to argue about as I agree. But that’s not what you said. :)

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It depends on your definition of “very likely.” Canes are in 8th by points percentage and have a 60%+ chance of making the playoffs according to most models.

The disingenuous part of this post, however, is the implication that you said something like “gee 9th place might be becoming a real possibility” instead of “yeah this season is over.” Bit of a goalpost shift there, no? If you’re saying that you don’t like where we are in the standings and 9th might actually happen, there’s nothing for you and I to argue about as I agree. But that’s not what you said. :)

This is basically a GDT for scoreboard watching, isn’t this where we go to be miserable and overreact?

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Im sure there is plenty of room under this wacky fan umbrella for both pessimists and optimists lol. Im a sports optimist but everyone copes in their own way.

someone posted we are projected to have about a 60 percent chance of making the playoffs? Thats completely where im at right now: id give them a slightly above average chance — just going off “vibes”. Guess we’ll see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->