Around the League '18-'19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Rare to see a kings player with this aside from Kopi.

That's probably my favorite part of the Kovalchuk signing. Finally, someone with the balls to skate it to the middle and fire besides the rare Kopitar slot sighting.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
What are Philly’s needs right now. We seem to have a lot of left handed Dman

Muzz
Marty
Dion
Forbort
MacDermid
Brickley
Fanta

If we move out a Muzzin or Martinez and promote from within it covers Simmonds contract and we gain valuable cap space moving forward if we don’t re-sign Simmonds.

Not sure if Simmonds gives us that shot of energy we need and not sure if Philly has a need for a left handed Dman.

Just think by next week we could inject a Wayne Simmonds with a Dustin Brown and a compitent coach into our lineup.

I don't see a need there, they drafted heavy on d for a few years and now there are a spare or two. Although Bob McKenzie thinks that Dubas being at the Flyers /Avs game last night, was possibly just to enjoy a hockey game, I think he was on business. Now he might have been watching for an Av, but the fact they are looking for a defenseman and Travis Sanheim , who has averaged about 13-14 min per game so far this year, got over 20 last night (played a good game too) I don't think is a coincidence. Also, the FLyers have 6 goalies under contract so some of them need to go. Sanheim won't get Nylander, but maybe they are close to a bridge deal and need to move out another forward. Anyway, I am hoping Gudas or Sanheim (even tho I like him) get moved this year because Phillip Myer is a stud in the making and needs to get his NHL feet wet. He'd be a nice add to Ghost/Provo and Haag for a top 4 set.

And watching MacKinnon-Landy and Rantenan...wow. Line is sick. That kid Rantenen is a beast...

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
JayBo is a healthy scratch in StL and a UFA this year with a $5.4M cap hit and the forward group is lacking grit in the bottom six.

I’d love to see the Kings move Muzzin and Clifford (salary retained) for JayBo, a prospect (Bokk) and a 4th.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
JayBo is a healthy scratch in StL and a UFA this year with a $5.4M cap hit and the forward group is lacking grit in the bottom six.

I’d love to see the Kings move Muzzin and Clifford (salary retained) for JayBo, a prospect (Bokk) and a 4th.

eeks, not sure I would be down with this. The best thing in this deal could be the cap relief but then we are retaining on Clifford

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Only way you get their most recent 1st round pick, and an additional pick on top of that, plus clear cap space, is if the Blues are desperate. Maybe they are, or will be, but we all complain about both Muzzin and Clifford.

Those two for Bouwmeester, could probably do that. To get a prospect and pick when they're taking on more space next year? That seems to benefit the Kings too much. Again, if they're desperate, maybe.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Jeez Winnipeg and Toronto are fast and skillful. What a fun couple of teams to watch.

Is Laine wearing a turtle neck or is that a neck guard?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Expiring contracts have more value in the NBA than they do in the NHL.

Clifford's value is probably nothing, but Muzzin could atleast bring in a good draft pick or prospect, which is better than a 35 year old defenseman on his last legs.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Expiring contracts have more value in the NBA than they do in the NHL.

Clifford's value is probably nothing, but Muzzin could atleast bring in a good draft pick or prospect, which is better than a 35 year old defenseman on his last legs.
Why only bring up Clifford and Muzzin?

At this point Martinez, Pearson, Toffoli, Forbort, Thompson, and Lewis should all be on the market. Shit if the offer is good enough I'd move on from Kempe as well.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Toffoli is worth a low first rounder and an expiring contract in return or a top prospect and a 2/3 round pick

Muzzin could also go for a decent pick and a good prospect

Pearson is worth a second rounder or good prospect

Forbort or Lewis by themselves should each net a 3rd rounder and a project prospect.

Best case, next year you have 3-5 Good prospects plus 3-5 early picks and a good chunk of $14m in cap savings.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego

Good for Boyle, playing hockey tough enough, playing with cancer, warrior.

Pretty sure I've seen him in movies as well:
i-drink-your-milkshake.jpg

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->