Around the League '18-'19

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsholygrail

Almost there.. 38-23-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Blackhawks broadcast team is just laying into the Blackhawks.
"The zamboni is only going to have to clean one side of the ice with how little they've played in the other end."
U0Vxo0I.png

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Montour lets go of a low wrister from the point and it gets redirected in by Sam Steel. Would be great if Kings dmen figured out how to do that.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I am okay with this... Also never hurts to have the other team in town do well, when you just are abysmal, puts pressure on the under achievers.
Well most teams would feel pressure, not sure about our current bunch.

The Ducks might be playing worse than the Kings, they've just been getting some saves by a goalie. The Ducks are 31st in shots, 31st in shots against. Tonight against the Sabres being no different.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
So bizarre watching skilled talent deceive opposing defensemen to cut to the middle of the ice in order to shoot from a prime scoring area.

Filthiest hands in the league?

He is a bigtime star, and still improving. I know people have a hard time accepting that a guy 5'9 160 can be this dominant, but he is.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Filthiest hands in the league?

He is a bigtime star, and still improving. I know people have a hard time accepting that a guy 5'9 160 can be this dominant, but he is.
Johnny Hockey is going to have a tough time keeping his head up and avoiding hits his entire career. He is a very talented young player though.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Johnny Hockey is going to have a tough time keeping his head up and avoiding hits his entire career. He is a very talented young player though.

It's hard to hit guys who are 5'9" 160, there isn't much to hit. I've always thought it was much easier catching guys who were bigger than me, the skin and bones hockey players are elusive.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's hard to hit guys who are 5'9" 160, there isn't much to hit. I've always thought it was much easier catching guys who were bigger than me, the skin and bones hockey players are elusive.
I agree, and Johnny Gaudreau is likely shifty enough to avoid most hits. I am just saying it is going to take great awareness on his part to avoid getting injured at some point in his career.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'm sure Gaudreau has been the best and smallest player on every team he's been on since he was a kid. I'm sure he's dealt with plenty of people trying to physically intimidate him on the ice.

He has averaged about 78 games a year since he joined the NHL, I think he's got it all figured out.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
To Gaudreau's credit, he's extremely elusive. The problem I have with guys like that is people screaming bloody murder when they DO get caught, i.e. when McAvoy cleaned him out from in front of the net earlier this year, or when Pettersson got manhandled.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
What are Philly’s needs right now. We seem to have a lot of left handed Dman

Muzz
Marty
Dion
Forbort
MacDermid
Brickley
Fanta

If we move out a Muzzin or Martinez and promote from within it covers Simmonds contract and we gain valuable cap space moving forward if we don’t re-sign Simmonds.

Not sure if Simmonds gives us that shot of energy we need and not sure if Philly has a need for a left handed Dman.

Just think by next week we could inject a Wayne Simmonds with a Dustin Brown and a compitent coach into our lineup.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Blackhawks broadcast team is just laying into the Blackhawks.
"The zamboni is only going to have to clean one side of the ice with how little they've played in the other end."
U0Vxo0I.png

Gone are the days when Blackhawks and Kings were brutal to play against. I guess I don't feel that bad about our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->