Around the League '18-'19

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
If it's a deal for $5.95 mil, 7ish years, I'd be all over that. Higher than that and the deal becomes problematic. I don't think Trouba is worth $6, but probably very close to it. We'd probably have to send over a prospect or a pick along with Muzzin.
on a 7 year deal his camp would for sure want $6M. I imagine a 3 yr $5M deal

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Isn’t Muzzin what Trouba hopes to be? Muzzin is on a great deal right now, so no.

1) There's 2 years left on Muzzin's deal. After that, we'd have to give Muzzin a raise anyway.

2) Trouba is a RD. That's more valuable to us than a LD.

3) Trouba is 24. Muzzin is 29.

To me, it just makes all sorts of sense for the Kings to try and swap Muzzin for Trouba. Am I crazy?

Reactions: YP44

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think WPG does for a variety of reasons but they have MOrrisey, Kulikov, Morrow, and Chiarot at LD and Buff, Myers, Trouba at Right...Myers is a FA next year too. It's smart for them to move Myers or let him go and hang onto trouba as their LD is young and solid (is Enstrom dead? I forget).

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Gotcha. People have a short memory and are quick to forgive for most things. I would have thought the best thing would be for her to just stay quiet.
You wouldn't feel that way if you were falsely accused of something.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Just in case any of you Gretzky come-latelys have a few extra bucks laying around. It's an autographed game worn jersey from his rookie season.

42995a_sm.jpeg

Lot Detail - 1979-80 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers Game Used, Photo Matched & Signed Rookie Season Road Jersey (Meigray & JSA)

Be advised I already put in a bid for $100 which is going to be tough to beat.

Reactions: King Trouty

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Just in case any of you Gretzky come-latelys have a few extra bucks laying around. It's an autographed game worn jersey from his rookie season.

42995a_sm.jpeg

Lot Detail - 1979-80 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers Game Used, Photo Matched & Signed Rookie Season Road Jersey (Meigray & JSA)

Be advised I already put in a bid for $100 which is going to be tough to beat.

Since you’ve already put in that winning bid, I guess I’ll have to pass. Was going to bid $50, but obviously that was way too low.

Reactions: KINGS17

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd say that's another "overvalued for offense" contract, but I think Dumba still has some growing to do, and compared to the rest of the market that's probably good

Reactions: SlimCharles

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley

I like Dumba, I think that's pretty fair .

burning the midnight oil....

Good contract that may end up great. Like I told you, Dee, when you posted Ghost’s a couple years back, and you had a certain trepidation. Buying low, in essence. Young enough to blow up and make the contract sweetheart.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So will Dumba be UFA next year? If so, Wild can kiss him goodbye. Unless he's traded first.

Dumba signed on for 5 years. I’m guessing you were thinking of Trouba, who will be a RFA. He still hasn’t proven to me he’s worth the big bucks, so he’ll have to have himself a pretty impactful season to warrant a significant raise next summer.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Oh look, Caps re-sign Orpik for $1m after getting traded to and bought out by Colorado.

This is cap circumvention.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
huh, i was under the impression that move in particular was explicitly illegal, but maybe i mixed it up with waivers or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->