Around the League '18-'19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
If only everyone could be perfect posters, making the perfect posts about what other posters post. Try saying that 3 times fast.

Nah, it's not that, it's the constant repetition of the same tired discussion. I seriously wonder what some people are like at home when there's nothing going on. Do the just sit in their living rooms going...

"The sky is blue..."
"The sky is blue..."
"The sky is blue..."
"The sky is blue..."

Because something must be coming out of their mouths at all times? :dunno:

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I've never understood why people complain about what's being discussed, especially in the middle of July, the deadest time of the year for the NHL. That is the great thing about internet forums, sometimes conversations can grow and be discussed organically, look at what is being discussed in the Kovalchuk thread. I mean if you don't want to discuss something, just move on the next post, or in a thread like this just change the topic on your own. You know making a post in here talking about Ottawa's issues or what's going on in Montreal rather than getting mad at people for talking about hockey or hockey from the past in a hockey forum.
Even tho I am guilty of being an ass hole, so much this Herby. I need to remember this, myself.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
I feel for Lumbus. Panarin is gone once he hits UFA. I don't think it's a coincidence he tossed out that 2 year comment. Since he has a year left, that would mean 3 years from now.

Kings would need a 1LW in 3 years.

Reactions: King Trouty

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007
More astronauts from Ohio than any other state. What is it about Ohio that makes people want to leave the God damn planet?

Ask Lebron James , he claims to love it their ( even won the state a NBA championship ) and he left TWICE .

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Depending on the outcome, Trouba might be moving on. There were rumors they were trying to trade him, I think that what he wants is the reason he didn't go anywhere

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I can't either his arbitration hearing isn't until MOnday. Maybe an attempt for him to lower his asking price and avoid ? I'd rather have him that Sekera
not sure I would go that far, but Kulak isn't going to cost over $5m that is for damn sure.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm trying to remember which player/team it was, but I do recall a team waiving a player during a contract negotiation if only to show the player/agent that he wasn't as valued as they were claiming.
main board is saying Nashville and Mazanec

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
main board is saying Nashville and Mazanec

The player I was thinking of was a very forgettable 4th liner. Eventually dawned on me that I was thinking of Stephane Veilleux: Stephane Veilleux clears waivers; Minnesota Wild say winger’s price is too high – Twin Cities

The Wild won their game of chicken with Stephane Veilleux on Thursday morning when the checking wing cleared waivers.

Minnesota placed Veilleux, 26, on waivers Wednesday when the restricted free agent turned down the team’s latest contract offer. The Wild hoped Veilleux would clear waivers and realize his asking price was too steep.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Depending on what locking him up would look like absolutely.
I doubt Winnipeg does.

If it's a deal for $5.95 mil, 7ish years, I'd be all over that. Higher than that and the deal becomes problematic. I don't think Trouba is worth $6, but probably very close to it. We'd probably have to send over a prospect or a pick along with Muzzin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad