Around the League 14: PLAY GLORIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Gosh. Finnpress has it that Karpat Oulu fervently wants Pulju back.

Oilers need to make a Qualifying Offer for Pulju by June 25th, if they wish to keep his rights*. Pulju obviously is in no way obligated to sign it or any other offer. The QO can be for a two-way contract in Pulju's case, as he doesn't meet the criteria of 180 NHL games in previous 3 seasons or 60 NHL games in previous season. I assume the QO has to be at least $874k (=105 % of his previous Paragraph 1 salary).

If Oilers do sign him, they can Loan him to Karpat. Or anyone, because I don't think there is existing contract between Pulju and Karpat. Only a two-way paper would make sense for this for both sides I guess, and Pulju would get a Liiga salary paid by Karpat instead of AHL salary.

* The CBA says "no later than 5:00 p.m. New York time on the later of June 25 or the first Monday
after the Entry Draft of the final year of the Player's SPC". I would interpret that if Oilers do this now and if Pulju won't sign, they will keep his NHL rights until Pulju qualifies for UFA without having to offer him anything anymore. Keeping his rights means in this case Right of First Refusal or Draft Choice Compensation, because as an RFA he obviously can try negotiate an Offer Sheet for himself.

and edit: Pulju's agenture immediately shoots down everything: Nothing of the sort has been discussed with Karpat. Jesse will play in NHL next season. No idea what balderdash this here now again is.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So yeah for education and entertainment, the important dates in 2019

EXHIBIT 15
CRITICAL DATE CALENDAR

June 1
  • Bona Fide Offer to Prior Year's Draft Picks (5:00 p.m. New York time)
  • Deadline for signing Unsigned Draft Choices (5:00 p.m. New York time)

Later of June 15 or 48 hours after conclusion of Stanley Cup Finals (?)
  • First Buy-Out Period Begins
  • Deadline for First Club-Elected Salary Arbitration Notification (5:00 p.m. New York time)

June 21-22 NHL ENTRY DRAFT 2019

Day after the Entry Draft (but not later than June 25) until June 30
(June 23, 2019)
  • Unrestricted Free Agents may meet and interview with potential new Clubs, but may not sign new SPCs until the opening of RFA/UFA Signing Period

Later of June 25 or Monday after Entry Draft
  • Deadline for Qualifying Offers, which are not open for acceptance prior to July 1 (5:00 p.m. New York time)

Later of June 26 or Tuesday after Entry Draft
  • Restricted Free Agents may make contact with Clubs (including their own) regarding potential interest, but may not sign new SPCs or Offer Sheets until the opening of RFA/UFA Signing Period

June 30
  • Setting of Upper/Lower Limits
  • First Buy-Out Period Ends (5:00 p.m. New York time)

July 1
  • Qualifying Offers Open for Acceptance (12:00 p.m. New York time)
  • RFA/UFA Signing Period Begins (12:00 p.m. New York time)

July 5
  • Deadline for Player-Elected Salary Arbitration Notification (5:00 p.m. New York time)
  • Deadline for RFA Offer Sheets for Players for whom Clubs have elected salary arbitration pursuant to First Club-Elected Salary Arbitration (5:00 p.m. New York time)
  • Commencement of Second Club-Elected Salary Arbitration Notification (5:01 p.m. New York time)

July 6 Deadline for Second Club-Elected Salary Arbitration Notification (5:00 p.m. New York time)

July 15 Qualifying Offers Expire Automatically (5:00 p.m. New York time)

July 20 First Day of Salary Arbitration Hearings

August 4 Last Day of Salary Arbitration Hearings

August 6 Last Day for Issuance of Salary Arbitration Awards

48 hours after Club's last salary arbitration award or settlement
  • Deadline to exercise walk-away right

48 hours beginning on the third day after Club's last salary arbitration
award or settlement

• Deadline for such Club's Second Buy-Out Period [Only for Clubs with Salary Arbitration Cases]

December 1 Signing Deadline for Group 2 Free Agents

Reactions: Unsustainable

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
Jordan Binnington says something 6 years ago...sportswriter from Winnipeg (but now covers the Sharks) is offended and releases it hoping for public condemnation...and instead he is condemned.

Me like.
was it the tweet? i mean is he wrong? not appropriate but i got a laugh out of it. someone made a meme about it and he had a build a wall sign, pitchfork and maga hat on his helmet lol. 10/10 spicy meme. it was a joke when he was young and dumb. kinda like me right now. he was like 19 when it happened. give him a break, i think san jose is just more worried about st louis than any other team in the playoffs to dig this deep on their players.

Last edited:

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
all im worried about now is how bad is wilson going to be... i know a lot of people hate wilson, im not a hater of his but this playoff series might turn me into one... pretty scared that this is going to get ugly. hopefully ferland isn't the one injured if he does so he will get the crap beat out of him. not saying i want anyone injured but if someone gets injured i want ferland to be able to stand up ya know.

Maybe this should have went into the GDT :banghead:

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Yzerman is good and the Red Wings have started accumulating some talent already. He'll get a big budget and the brand of the Wings. He may not get the good drafting and scouting he had in Tampa and won't have the tax advantages. We'll see what he's made of.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I see local kid Josh Wilkins got an ELC with the Preds. Good to see that. This is a kid that played the majority of his youth hockey (both Ice Hockey and Roller Hockey) right here in the triangle, at least up through Bantam age I think.

I'd been keeping an eye one his situation given the local ties. I was disappointed we either weren't interested or couldn't bring him in the fold.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
all im worried about now is how bad is wilson going to be... i know a lot of people hate wilson, im not a hater of his but this playoff series might turn me into one... pretty scared that this is going to get ugly. hopefully ferland isn't the one injured if he does so he will get the crap beat out of him. not saying i want anyone injured but if someone gets injured i want ferland to be able to stand up ya know.

Maybe this should have went into the GDT :banghead:

Wilson is in a tough spot, because he's a repeat offender.

If he wants to make clean hits, fine, that's the game -- but as TT has shown, the team can take any clean hit that Wilson dishes out.

If he wants to make borderline dirty hits, meh -- it's the playoffs, and he's already been doing that.

If he runs a guy and injures him, he's getting suspended without a doubt, and since he's a first line guy, that's bad for them.

If he wants to fight a guy, perfect opportunity for our guys to skate away, a lesson we've clearly already learned.

I'm not impressed by Tom Wilson.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Meanwhile in Buffalo...
FB_IMG_1555694709027.jpg

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Expect the unexpected...
Tampa are now at home, getting ready for golf.
I posted that when Tampa was up 3-0 in game 1, looking like they were going to rout Columbus like everyone, and I mean everyone, including even the most optimistic grandmas of Columbus players that had resigned themselves to Columbus' fates of getting eviscerated by a historical Tampa team.

That was literally one of the biggest upsets in professional sports history, especially the way it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad