Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Good on Klimmer.
Still hope to salvage that pick and get an NHLer. Don't think he'll play unless Lomberg shits the bed or something, though, right?

Would like him to get at least 1 game... Only guy in the top 35 drafted in 2013 yet to play.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Good on Klimmer.
Still hope to salvage that pick and get an NHLer. Don't think he'll play unless Lomberg ****s the bed or something, though, right?

Would like him to get at least 1 game... Only guy in the top 35 drafted in 2013 yet to play.

He hasn't really done much to deserve a game but at the same time why bring him up if you are only going to have him sit in the PB and he only has to beat out Lomberg which while I commend his heart is a pretty terrible hockey player.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He hasn't really done much to deserve a game but at the same time why bring him up if you are only going to have him sit in the PB and he only has to beat out Lomberg which while I commend his heart is a pretty terrible hockey player.

Well, it does go a long way for the hard work is paid off.
Say what you want about Klimchuk, his drive and work ethic has never been a question. Maybe the talent's not all there for a first rounder... but hey, who knows. He could still carve out a career.

Think about it from the players' side, they love that call-up. Klimchuk will make 70 grand all year playing in Stockton. Spending a 3 games in the NHL in the pressbox will have him make (this isn't accurate, just a games/pay, which isn't how the NHL pays their players) over 30k. Pretty good deal for him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
more evidence that Baxterman has never seen Klimchuk play

Last edited by a moderator:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well, it does go a long way for the hard work is paid off.
Say what you want about Klimchuk, his drive and work ethic has never been a question. Maybe the talent's not all there for a first rounder... but hey, who knows. He could still carve out a career.

Think about it from the players' side, they love that call-up. Klimchuk will make 70 grand all year playing in Stockton. Spending a 3 games in the NHL in the pressbox will have him make (this isn't accurate, just a games/pay, which isn't how the NHL pays their players) over 30k. Pretty good deal for him.

I have no issue with rewarding him and won't complain if he gets into the line-up. I think this team and this year is a great time to reward guys like that because our 4th line (outside of Lazar) has been really poor this year.

My point was that Klimchuk hasn't been forcing his way up based on the quality of his play so that if GG decided to not insert him it wouldn't really be a bad call or injustice because based on skill Klimchuk is not an NHLer.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017

You also think Andersson hasn't proven shit in the AHL so...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
NervousPortlyInexpectatumpleco-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: InfinityIggy

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

Possibly recalled?
If Ferland can't go, it'd be nice to see Mangi slot in with Janko and Hath, see if they can recreate some Stockton magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad