Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
To me that is a pretty baseline response when it comes to super. If it wasn’t like that I’d be concerned

When ppl here say “calm down sutter will play the kids when the season is over” and then only one of them are on the fourth line and we play nesterov in the top 4... well I’m not impressed to say the least. Giving time to Nordstrom and Ritchie still is just lmao.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When ppl here say “calm down sutter will play the kids when the season is over” and then only one of them are on the fourth line and we play nesterov in the top 4... well I’m not impressed to say the least. Giving time to Nordstrom and Ritchie still is just lmao.
You do know that the order a reporter types things on the internet doesn't actually determine who will play the most, right?

Also two guys in that top 6 are younger than anyone you want to play.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

oh I don’t disagree with the fact we should be playing our youth. I just don’t really care anymore about this team. They are just so whatever and they continue to seem to want to be even more whatever. So I don’t curr no more

Reactions: deleted user

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Didn’t really care for Sutter’s treatment of Ryan Leslie; why doesn’t Peter Hanlon trot out Ryan Huska if Sutter doesn’t want to talk to the media?

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Nesterov made his best defensive play for a Canadian team this year on that Mangiapane goal.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Can't hate the guy because he tried really hard but he was just not good. This is a guy you replace internally 10 times out of 10
I'm slightly concerned about the # of players the Flames have to expose; they need to re-sign a pending UFA before the expansion draft otherwise they need to expose someone actually good.

Now, that will probably mean re-signing Brett Ritchie, which is possibly why he got so many games this season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm slightly concerned about the # of players the Flames have to expose; they need to re-sign a pending UFA before the expansion draft otherwise they need to expose someone actually good.

Now, that will probably mean re-signing Brett Ritchie, which is possibly why he got so many games this season.
Derek Ryan, Josh Leivo and Dominik Simon also fit the needed criteria. Of the group I'd prefer Doc, but I'd be cool with Leivo returning too.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't trade for one if we really needed a guy? Isn't that what we did when traded for that one goalie from Detroit?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No thanks to Simon, but I'd be fine with any of the others.
I agree, but if used like under Sutter (I don't think he dressed until we were out), at league minimum , it's really not a big deal, you always need veterans in the AHL.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I'm not terribly worried as I think we will give Leivo another year. The brutal injury he had with limited rehab he could do because of covid and no real preseason make me believe we will give him a real offseason to see what he can do. I would much prefer Leivo over a guy like Simon as atleast Leivo had flashes of being a offensive threat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad