Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
New arena put on hold due to budget issues
Sort of.

Calgary Flames arena deal on thin ice after team asks for $70 million more from city: sources

There is no official statement about what the differences could be, but sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations, who is not permitted to speak publicly about the details, tells CTV News that the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation (CSEC) requested:
  • An additional $70 million
  • The CMLC removed as a project manager
  • More land allocated for the project
  • Control over traffic around the new rink
As a result of the issue, the CMLC says it will call for a temporary stop on the planning work until it can be resolved.

Reactions: User1996

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Really hope the city doesn't cave. Already conceded a lot of money to get this damned thing done as our oil industry evaporates into thin air.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Karri Rämö is still playing. Looks like he's been 3rd goalie for TPS this season, but Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen moved to NA and Sabres mid season, and then their starter got injured. So Rämö is the starter now and one win away from Liiga finals. Although I think he's only played a couple playoff games

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Look out below the Sens 2 pts back 4 games left. Habs 10 pts up and Canucks 6 pts back with 5 games in hand. I think There is a better chance we finish 7th than 5th right now

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Look out below the Sens 2 pts back 4 games left. Habs 10 pts up and Canucks 6 pts back with 5 games in hand. I think There is a better chance we finish 7th than 5th right now

Don't think either pass us. Sens aren't horrible so they could get some points to pass us sure, but Vancouver after the COVID debacle is a trainwreck and are AWFUL. Even with all their games in hand, they're losing almost all of them. We play them 4 times, I am confident we take 3 of the 4 games minimum in which case both the Nucks and Sens stay below us.

At this point the best we can hope for is LA passing us and going into 10th overall going into the lottery. If Flames go full Flames and win some games at the end here there is also the possibility we pass Chicago and Arizona (we have 3 games in hand on both).

We'll see what Vancouver shows up. Knowing the Flames we'll also ride Markstrom for the remaining 6 games even though we're 99.9% mathematically eliminated.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Karri Rämö is still playing. Looks like he's been 3rd goalie for TPS this season, but Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen moved to NA and Sabres mid season, and then their starter got injured. So Rämö is the starter now and one win away from Liiga finals. Although I think he's only played a couple playoff games

TPS won the game 3-2 on OT, Rämö with 37/39 saves.

First final game late third period, TPS leading 3-1 and Rämö with 31/32 saves. Lukko goalie 14/17 saves.

Glad to see Rämö playing well

Pospisils older brother is playing with Lukko, just got ejected with 0:19 left in the third with Lukko losing 4-1:laugh:

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

I f***ing hate this team.

There is certainly no excuse in regards to playing for playoffs anymore. Sutter being sutter I guess.

Hope Phillips gets a sniff elsewhere at some point, as good ol’ sutter wouldn’t dare to play any prospect under 6’0.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

There is certainly no excuse in regards to playing for playoffs anymore. Sutter being sutter I guess.

Hope Phillips gets a sniff elsewhere at some point, as good ol’ sutter wouldn’t dare to play any prospect under 6’0.

Talk about an overreaction for a guy that didn't exactly light it up this year and brings literally nothing else to the table.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I think there’s a solid chance Phillips is better than Dube long term but for now it’s hard to fit him in with all the tiny guys on the flames. Did really want to see him and where his skating is at because he has top 6 skills, smarts and motor

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's a bit ridiculous that the NHL is making both the Flames and Canucks go through with this 4 game series

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
It's a bit ridiculous that the NHL is making both the Flames and Canucks go through with this 4 game series
It sucks but I get why they want each team to have the same amount of game played. The real dumb idea here is not letting the North playoffs start until after these meaningless games.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Talk about an overreaction for a guy that didn't exactly light it up this year and brings literally nothing else to the table.

To me that is a pretty baseline response when it comes to super. If it wasn’t like that I’d be concerned

Reactions: Mazatt

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

It's important to give Lucic and Nordstrom playing time, they might be able to help this team in the future :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad