Around the Dome 4 - Even More Flames News and Notes

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Something that may have been talked about previously, but not sure where.

I think the AHL clubs for the Canadian teams will be played at home; so the Heat will play in Calgary kind of thing. At least that is what the players believe at this time.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Seriously Tkachuk should switch to 7. 19 is unbecoming. And 7 is the Tkachuk family number. It's their coat of arms.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ward when asked what position Bennett will play, said “C”.

Rob Kerr responded “pretty cut and dry? Anything to add”

Geoff Ward “No, nothing to add”

Yeah I was listening to Lubo on the radio today as well, he said essentially the same. That Ward wants Sam at C and that he’s topped up his bank account to get a decent shot there but that could easily change if he doesn’t produce. He also made a good point, in that the biggest issue with Sam is himself and he’s the one standing in his own way with being who he wants to be. He thinks the most important thing is to make Sam as comfortable as possible and that’s the best way to help him play to his potential.

Either way I LOVE that Ward is wanting to play Sam and Elias @ C. We know that Backlund was tried at wing and I can’t see that happening again. So I think that suggests Monahan will be seeing some time on the wing.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah I was listening to Lubo on the radio today as well, he said essentially the same. That Ward wants Sam at C and that he’s topped up his bank account to get a decent shot there but that could easily change if he doesn’t produce. He also made a good point, in that the biggest issue with Sam is himself and he’s the one standing in his own way with being who he wants to be. He thinks the most important thing is to make Sam as comfortable as possible and that’s the best way to help him play to his potential.

Either way I LOVE that Ward is wanting to play Sam and Elias @ C. We know that Backlund was tried at wing and I can’t see that happening again. So I think that suggests Monahan will be seeing some time on the wing.
3rd line winger by chance? :sarcasm:

I am happy to see Bennett get another chance at center. Hes one of my favorite players to watch, love how he plays the game. Flames definitely have some solid depth at center now. Long gone are those dark days of Moss centering Iggy.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

I agree that it is time to give Bennett an honest try to see what he can become, but what does the bolded mean?
Barring any trades, would we then switch all 3 positions and play Monny/Lindy/Johnny, or do we try a new 3M line with Mang/Mikeal/Monny. I also think Nordstrom/Leivo would both look good on Sam's wing, but Looch has done well there too....too many options!

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I agree that it is time to give Bennett an honest try to see what he can become, but what does the bolded mean?
Barring any trades, would we then switch all 3 positions and play Monny/Lindy/Johnny, or do we try a new 3M line with Mang/Mikeal/Monny. I also think Nordstrom/Leivo would both look good on Sam's wing, but Looch has done well there too....too many options!

It basically means he has some currency to spend. He doesn’t have to worry about getting yanked at the first mistake. That doesn’t mean he months to figure it out, but he’s earned an extended look.

And to your other points, we have so many options. I think we will see everything, but I think a focus on team defence will be the priority.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Lucic is not going to look good during the regular season. I think he is fine in a tough playoff series but the regular season is more wide open. That’s why I hope Bennett doesn’t get stuck with him. If your going to try Bennett at center give him quality linemates.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Sportsnet is playing Game 7 against Vancouver from the 2004 playoff run right now.

Man, what a team that was.
Back when the Sedins were an afterthought and down 2-1 under 2 mins left Naslund-Morrisson-Cooke-Linden played the entire final PP and then Jovanovksi takes that high sticking penalty with 30 seconds left and Van tied it lol.
Underrated move by Iggy off the boards to set the whole ot goal sequence up./

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I have no memory of Marcus Nilson after 2004 but he was apparently a Flame until 2008

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Back when the Sedins were an afterthought and down 2-1 under 2 mins left Naslund-Morrisson-Cooke-Linden played the entire final PP and then Jovanovksi takes that high sticking penalty with 30 seconds left and Van tied it lol.
Underrated move by Iggy off the boards to set the whole ot goal sequence up./

Prime Iggy was such a beast. You never really appreciated it cause we'd be so used to seeing him day in, day out until we didn't. What really struck me watching those old games was how bulky the equipment was compared to now.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad