Around Hockey XXIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Welp I think I’ve already seen how this series will go. This is a mismatch

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Welp I think I’ve already seen how this series will go. This is a mismatch

Yeah nothing like a period where Montreal outplays Vegas and Theodore scores on a point shot through a screen, to persuade you that it is already over. I don't get it. It might be a mismatch but the first period didn't add to that impression.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah nothing like a period where Montreal outplays Vegas and Theodore scores on a point shot through a screen, to persuade you that it is already over. I don't get it. It might be a mismatch but the first period didn't add to that impression.

how about this one?

Montreal outplayed Vegas for a grand total of about 5-10 minutes of that period before Vegas took over and has been back stroking since.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
how about this one?

Montreal outplayed Vegas for a grand total of about 5-10 minutes of that period before Vegas took over and has been back stroking since.

When Vegas "takes over" you'll know. That wasn't it. They didn't have the territorial edge or shot edge or any edge in that period other than the goal.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
When Vegas "takes over" you'll know. That wasn't it. They didn't have the territorial edge or shot edge or any edge in that period other than the goal.

True, they’re not dominating in the same fashion they crushed Colorado. But they’re firmly in control of this game. And if you acknowledge that they’re not even playing their best (or close to it) then that doesn’t bode too well for montreal.

Montreal might win one of their home games, but I don’t see this series extending by 5 games.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Things I learned at the bar from Lightning "fans"

"It isn't too many men on the ice bc the 4th, 5th, and 6th players were trailing the play"

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Savard with just 10 minutes of ice time tonight. Ooof.

On bright side — he did have an apple and was a +2.

I think the issue is Savard pairs well with some guys and doesn’t with others. For whatever reason. And he didn’t pair well with Hedman. Might make him cheaper for us to sign in the off-season.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Primary reason that Savard is getting only 10 minutes is he is slowing down. Positioning is everything for a defensive dman & the Isle is too quick for him. (just my opinion) I have not heard that said anywhere.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Vegas looks pretty flat. Looks like montreal might win two games after all

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Primary reason that Savard is getting only 10 minutes is he is slowing down. Positioning is everything for a defensive dman & the Isle is too quick for him. (just my opinion) I have not heard that said anywhere.

Savard looks just as slow on his skates as ever, if you ask me. He hasn't been effective all year, his defensive execution hasn't been quite as good but it's also not terrible. Outlet passing has never been a strength of his, he did well with the Jackets when he had support and simple options, it could be that he's missing that. I don't really know, but we were complaining about him being too slow to keep up his entire career, I don't think it's that.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

That's hilarious. I've never seen a coach hit the smelling salts before. Makes sense though, they're a good pick me up. I'll try it at the office. :laugh:

Edit: for the uninitiated - it is a similar feeling to when you're swimming in an overly chlorinated pool and you accidentally inhale the water through your nose.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
When you haven't played in front of crowds all year and then you have to go to Vegas and play in that atmosphere, it was almost a given they would be overwhelmed in game 1.

Montreal in 5.

also when you’re playing a superior team, but yes this is true too.

VGK in 6

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
That's hilarious. I've never seen a coach hit the smelling salts before. Makes sense though, they're a good pick me up. I'll try it at the office. :laugh:

Edit: for the uninitiated - it is a similar feeling to when you're swimming in an overly chlorinated pool and you accidentally inhale the water through your nose.
Right??? Thats why I thought it was hilarious. Even funnier to picture Torts trying it ;)

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Shots are 30-8. This series is such a mismatch it’s not fun to watch, and if price is able to steal it for montreal somehow it’s just going to make for an incredibly dull final. However I’ll still take that over Vegas winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad