Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Not sure if anyone was listening to Boomer & Hahn on NHL Network radio this morning, but they were not shy about criticizing Duchene and Joey for lazy and undisciplined play yesterday. Of note as both could be CBJ centers if things went a different way.
One of the quirks about Duchene's contract is he doesn't have NTC/NMC until the 23/24 seasons. There was a blurb somewhere during the later part of the year where if Nashville didn't make the playoffs, Poile would move some pieces out and one of those was rumored to be Duchene. The writer of the article had inside sources who felt he wasn't producing at his $8M per year figure so they would try and clear that contract. It would be ironic if Matt, who desperately wanted Nashville, Nashville didn't want him.

Reactions: rotsbu and Fro

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've watched parts of all of the Isles-Panthers games and the Isles are a much better team. Bob has actually made a lot of great saves. He's not a $10m player but that's a ridiculous standard. He's kept them in every game.

Reactions: rotsbu

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
One of the quirks about Duchene's contract is he doesn't have NTC/NMC until the 23/24 seasons. There was a blurb somewhere during the later part of the year where if Nashville didn't make the playoffs, Poile would move some pieces out and one of those was rumored to be Duchene. The writer of the article had inside sources who felt he wasn't producing at his $8M per year figure so they would try and clear that contract. It would be ironic if Matt, who desperately wanted Nashville, Nashville didn't want him.

Duchene seemed like a really nice guy while he was with the CBJ (and probably always has been), and I would have welcomed him back had it worked out that way. However, although (a) he was quite good for the CBJ in the playoffs last spring and (b) I have absolutely no data/analytics to back this up, he has not lived up to his hype in my view. I realize he was only some pretty bad OTT and COL teams, but wasn't he part of the issues there?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

I have to confess I would very much enjoy watching that unfold.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I've watched parts of all of the Isles-Panthers games and the Isles are a much better team. Bob has actually made a lot of great saves. He's not a $10m player but that's a ridiculous standard. He's kept them in every game.
Honestly I don’t see Price or Vasilevsky shine behind that atrocious defense

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Honestly I don’t see Price or Vasilevsky shine behind that atrocious defense

No goalie would shine there, and Bob certainly isn't either. I think he's been good but not great. He plays very low in the net and relies on his tracking and quickness a lot, and that's risky playing behind an extremely chaotic defense where the puck is ping-ponging around the crease all of the time. I don't think he tracks the puck that well. Still crazy fast, Bob hasn't slowed down at all. But I wonder if Florida would do better with just a fat walrus in net, it's not a system for an athletic goalie. But I do agree with your main point, that no goalie is going to look great in that situation.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
No goalie would shine there, and Bob certainly isn't either. I think he's been good but not great. He plays very low in the net and relies on his tracking and quickness a lot, and that's risky playing behind an extremely chaotic defense where the puck is ping-ponging around the crease all of the time. I don't think he tracks the puck that well. Still crazy fast, Bob hasn't slowed down at all. But I wonder if Florida would do better with just a fat walrus in net, it's not a system for an athletic goalie. But I do agree with your main point, that no goalie is going to look great in that situation.

Duncan is rested and ready, though he gets tired if he eats too much.

Reactions: majormajor

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Pens and Oilers 1 game away from a 12.5 % chance to add to their offensive firepower. At least Crosby & Malkin are getting up there in age. Combined they would have a 25% chance of getting #1 pick. Ugh!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
here for the goals!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-124939_DraftKings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-124939_DraftKings.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad