Around Hockey XXII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Columbus should be the third most popular team in Finland behind Dallas and Carolina

Yea it should go like that but top6 fanbases here is Penguins,Blackhawks and Capitals, Lightning, Bruins, Predators

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Dispatch has picked up the Mitchell Miller story.

Hockey player who grew up near Toledo has racist, bullying past

Sports Illustrated/Hockey News has it as well.

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/what-were-the-coyotes-thinking-when-they-drafted-mitchell-miller

Normally I’d feel good about an Ohio kid getting drafted, but not in this case.

What galls me about this is that the victim and the victim's mother says this racist and physical abuse went on for years up until Miller got caught on camera, and some of the boys' classmates claim that Miller often directed racial slurs at the victim. The girl who reported the incident said that she saw the victim assaulted many times. Yet Miller's statement and the Coyotes statement only describe remorse for "the incident". By all means, give people a second chance, but not until they've made proper amends.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

The Coyotes have lost their 1st, 2nd, and now 4th round picks from the 2020 draft (for nothing) - all because of bad management.

Reactions: domi28

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Still getting my fix now and again.

If only he'd stayed around; we could have measured high danger scoring chances by counting how many times your speakers short out. ;)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The Ohio high school hockey season starts tonight.

Ohio State plays Minnesota on Monday to kick off their season. It will be on the Big 10 network if you are jonesing for some hockey.

The Ohio State women play Minnesota on Saturday.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Henrik Lundqvist has announced he is not joining the Capitals this upcoming season due to a heart condition.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
What a shame. Lundqvist has been a quality goalie his whole career. Talk about hitting on a low round pick, he is what any team would love from a 7th round pick. Hopefully everything turns out alright for him.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
In other Swede news, Alex Steen is retiring due to a back injury...definitely a player to hate on the Blues because he was good, seemed like a good dude and I don't remember him being a dirty player or anything like that. I hope his back issue isn't too much to not enjoy life after the game and with his kids.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
So if we have an 8 team division and a 56 game schedule, that means we’re playing every team 8 times.

8 times vs Bob, folks

Reactions: Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad