Around Hockey XXI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
After watching tonight's Boston - Tampa tilt, I'm feeling more confident that Tampa can be beat. The Bruins have a way of rising to the challenge, something the Jackets should learn from. I don't think Boston's roster is the best, not even close. But they've got great leadership, and they find a way to shut down the best players. I'm not sure if there's any special strategy that they're employing, I didn't watch closely enough. But I can say they didn't do safe is death. That helps.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, if you've never been to BC it's quite a shock. Really vast, and small towns can be hours apart.

Yeah that BC. I'm not so confident in the character of rich kids from North Van. :laugh:

(I believe good people can come from anywhere.)

I did the drive from Edmonton to Seattle a year ago and it was amazing going through Jasper and all of that. Stunning mountain after stunning mountain, forever and ever and ever and Jeebus I'm Sick Of Looking At Mountains I want to see a farm for once. It's the most endless wilderness I've ever seen.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
*Sorry in advance mods but this is a work related question I’m trying to get answered and I wanted to make sure people saw it.*

Hey guys do the Muskegon Lumberjacks still exist? Some dude came in trying to get us to make these hats and I think this is their logo and thus trademarked but Wikipedia is being a misdirecting piece of shit.

Attachments

• AAD10CE4-8C37-443F-A719-94FFDA524383.jpeg
    AAD10CE4-8C37-443F-A719-94FFDA524383.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 13

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
*Sorry in advance mods but this is a work related question I’m trying to get answered and I wanted to make sure people saw it.*

Hey guys do the Muskegon Lumberjacks still exist? Some dude came in trying to get us to make these hats and I think this is their logo and thus trademarked but Wikipedia is being a misdirecting piece of ****.
They do exist, so far as I can tell (website: Muskegon Lumberjacks), but I'm not sure if that's ever been a logo of theirs (see: Muskegon Lumberjacks Logos - United States Hockey League (USHL) - Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net)

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
They do exist, so far as I can tell (website: Muskegon Lumberjacks), but I'm not sure if that's ever been a logo of theirs (see: Muskegon Lumberjacks Logos - United States Hockey League (USHL) - Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net)
That's why we're a little confused. I found this Muskegon Lumberjacks (1984–92) - Wikipedia which looks pretty damn close. But if that's the case it looks like maybe that franchise has been replaced? Therefore is it still trademarked? I would think so but I don't really know.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's why we're a little confused. I found this Muskegon Lumberjacks (1984–92) - Wikipedia which looks pretty damn close. But if that's the case it looks like maybe that franchise has been replaced? Therefore is it still trademarked? I would think so but I don't really know.
Oh, geez. It's definitely the Cleveland Lumberjacks logo, tho: Cleveland Lumberjacks - Wikipedia (see "original logo from 1992 to 1995" image on there). It'd probably depend on who picked up the IP assets of that team after the IHL went under. A lawyer would probably be necessary to make absolutely sure. (I'd recommend my brother, but I think he's indisposed at the moment.)

EDIT: Oh, and that looks like it could be an IHL logo on the side there. Potentially very dubious. Dunno who has their rights tho. Many of the teams went to the AHL, so it's probable they'd be the ones to ask.

Reactions: Socks

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Oh, geez. It's definitely the Cleveland Lumberjacks logo, tho: Cleveland Lumberjacks - Wikipedia (see "original logo from 1992 to 1995" image on there). It'd probably depend on who picked up the IP assets of that team after the IHL went under. A lawyer would probably be necessary to make absolutely sure. (I'd recommend my brother, but I think he's indisposed at the moment.)

EDIT: Oh, and that looks like it could be an IHL logo on the side there. Potentially very dubious. Dunno who has their rights tho.
Yeah that's what I thought. It's definitely an IHL logo. We don't like mixing it up with trademark issues lol.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Buffalo absolutely working Edmonton, 3-1 nearing the end of the first period.. yea, the same EDM team and goalie that shut us out 4-0 at home.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
What a great finish in the Leafs-Hawks game last night. Hawks had a familiar looking 5-1 lead in the third until near the end the Leafs started overwhelming them to make it 5-4. The last 2 minutes saw an incredible Leafs onslaught with multiple great shots but they came up empty.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Question for The Athletic subscribers — Recently my iPhone no longer correctly displays the layout in the comments section. The articles are fine. However everything is squeezed together and only individuals names appear – not their comments. Does anyone have any ideas about the problem and how I can fix this?

BTW, all works fine on my iPad. Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad