Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Not that I want Boucher's system to be rage of the day but I'd like to see Ottawa win the Cup. Don't care much for the other 3.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
RyJo not enjoying himself too much in the WCF, so it seems :laugh:

I said on the mains that I believe he's just playing the game. I don't think he's overly pissed or that Kesler is getting under his skin. In fact, I think Johansen is having a little bit of fun with this answer.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I said on the mains that I believe he's just playing the game. I don't think he's overly pissed or that Kesler is getting under his skin. In fact, I think Johansen is having a little bit of fun with this answer.

Not convinced by that perspective. you don't put on a poker face to rag on a player's reputation then complain about some specific antics.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Kessler really seems to have Johanson's head all screwed up.

He's limited him to 1 goal and 3 assists in the 2 WCF games. Total shutdown on #92:laugh:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Only was defending him for 1 assist... So he actually is. He's in his head so far he's attacking Keslers family. I'm happy to have this mentally weak guy off our team. None of our guys would even think about talking like this to the media. If this is trying to lobby to the refs do it without lying. Mention something that actually happened. He claimed to be getting hit in the nuts every play then attacked the integrity of his friends and family. You can't find one video or picture of him spearing him in the nuts although his friend did that to Silf and all that's going to do is **** off the refs. You make them look bad by saying they are missing all of and on top of saying they are.bad at their job hes.not doing that so hes calling for them to act on something not there. He's a ****ing joke.

Again just happy he at least left the team before he did this because then we wouldn't be able to talk about Crosby being a whiner. I'd rather have Jeff Carter or Nash back over RyJo right now. Hell apparently he was upset the jackets didn't do a tribute to him when he returned. He quit on the team forcing them to trade him and his feelings were hurt we didn't honor him... ****ing crybaby joke. Cryin JoWahhhhhhhhnson is the perfect new nickname for him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Only was defending him for 1 assist... So he actually is. He's in his head so far he's attacking Keslers family. I'm happy to have this mentally weak guy off our team. None of our guys would even think about talking like this to the media. If this is trying to lobby to the refs do it without lying. Mention something that actually happened. He claimed to be getting hit in the nuts every play then attacked the integrity of his friends and family. You can't find one video or picture of him spearing him in the nuts although his friend did that to Silf and all that's going to do is **** off the refs. You make them look bad by saying they are missing all of and on top of saying they are.bad at their job hes.not doing that so hes calling for them to act on something not there. He's a ****ing joke.

Again just happy he at least left the team before he did this because then we wouldn't be able to talk about Crosby being a whiner. I'd rather have Jeff Carter or Nash back over RyJo right now. Hell apparently he was upset the jackets didn't do a tribute to him when he returned. He quit on the team forcing them to trade him and his feelings were hurt we didn't honor him... ****ing crybaby joke. Cryin JoWahhhhhhhhnson is the perfect new nickname for him.
It's not healthy to bottle up your feelings like that. :)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Haha I'm to damn open to bottle anything. I'm like a broken faucet everything just pours out =p Just like Ryjos years

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Oh, so the breakaway goal doesn't count?:laugh:

13 points in 12 games and a complete domination of Toews doesn't cut the mustard for you evidently. 27 points in 32 career playoff games is an indicator of "mental weakness" , eh? He's performing at peak level in the WCFs right now. He's a prime time player, Mikeyboy, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

The CBJ front office's complete ineptitude in handling RJs contract and their childish use of Torts when he was hired to run the kid out of town has created a gaping hole in the most important non goalie position on a hockey team. Nashville has 3 playoff series wins and has won 16 playoff games with #92 as their #1 C. The CBJ have notched ONE playoff win in the same period. Johansen has played a key role in elevating his new team to an elite level. The Jackets are now crossing their fingers that the even have a passable 1C in Wenny the Poo or PLD.

If Johansen doesn't notch another point and the Preds don't win another game this season, they've had a wildly successful season. And that is just killing you:laugh::laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh, so the breakaway goal doesn't count?:laugh:

13 points in 12 games and a complete domination of Toews doesn't cut the mustard for you evidently. 27 points in 32 career playoff games is an indicator of "mental weakness" , eh? He's performing at peak level in the WCFs right now. He's a prime time player, Mikeyboy, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Let me know when you're prepared to make the same acknowledgement of Seth Jones. I understand it may take you some time to get past the whole "we lost Johansen so the new guy sucks" thing, but I'm willing to be patient*.

*: disclaimer: this is an egregious bald-faced lie

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The CBJ front office's complete ineptitude in handling RJs contract and their childish use of Torts when he was hired to run the kid out of town has created a gaping hole in the most important non goalie position on a hockey team. Nashville has 3 playoff series wins and has won 16 playoff games with #92 as their #1 C. The CBJ have notched ONE playoff win in the same period. Johansen has played a key role in elevating his new team to an elite level. The Jackets are now crossing their fingers that the even have a passable 1C in Wenny the Poo or PLD.

If Johansen doesn't notch another point and the Preds don't win another game this season, they've had a wildly successful season. And that is just killing you:laugh::laugh:

LOL at bold.

Your take on the playoffs ignores Seth Jones logging 26+ minutes a night as our #1 DMan, which we didn't have before the trade. Also, it ignores the input of the other 17 skaters and goalie. If Rinne provides an .860 sv % and Bob is in regular season form, are you singing a different tune?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
LOL at bold.

Your take on the playoffs ignores Seth Jones logging 26+ minutes a night as our #1 DMan, which we didn't have before the trade. Also, it ignores the input of the other 17 skaters and goalie. If Rinne provides an .860 sv % and Bob is in regular season form, are you singing a different tune?

The wording on the bolder should have been "used by the front office to run him out of town". Typing one fingered on iPad is my excuse:laugh:

27 points in 32 career playoff games speaks for itself. Yeah, Bob was abominable. The narrative on this board which likes to believe that the Jackets really outplayed the Pens doesn't hold water with me. The perimeter offense of the CBJ generated a lot of low percentage shots. I believe the Pens held a significant scoring chances advantage in the series, but I'm not going to verify that right now.

When the CBJ are playing in game 3 of a conference final, it'll be time to revisit the trade.

I think I have time for a snickers bar on that one.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
100% agree with CR on this topic. Aside from things about Jones I guess.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
100% agree with CR on this topic. Aside from things about Jones I guess.
That's bold of you. The way he's "making his case", I wouldn't speak up in support of that even if I agreed with the conclusions. Not with his "everything that doesn't support the presupposition of The Front Office Is Incompetent And Joey Should Never Have Left is automatically irrelevant because it doesn't support the presupposition" approach to debate. Citing facts in support while ignoring anything even slightly against is a classic way to appear well-reasoned when one is twisting facts to suit theories.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
That's bold of you. The way he's "making his case", I wouldn't speak up in support of that even if I agreed with the conclusions. Not with his "everything that doesn't support the presupposition of The Front Office Is Incompetent And Joey Should Never Have Left is automatically irrelevant because it doesn't support the presupposition" approach to debate. Citing facts in support while ignoring anything even slightly against is a classic way to appear well-reasoned when one is twisting facts to suit theories.

To be honest, I haven't read much of the conversation, only the defenses he was making in support of Johansen. So that's my bad for being lazy. However, the villainization of Johansen by the fans and management here made me mad last year and even madder this year. I am happy to have Jones, but that doesn't excuse the front office of what they did to Joey. (Before someone says anything, Joey wasn't perfect either. In fact he started it.) anyway, I am thrilled for joey, am rooting like hell for him and Nashville right now, and wish him nothing but success. Also I can feel this way and still like/support Jones and the CBJ (not that you would imply otherwise, Viqsi, just pointing it out.)

Anyway again, joey is playing like a man possessed and this matchup with kesler is awesome

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To be honest, I haven't read much of the conversation, only the defenses he was making in support of Johansen. So that's my bad for being lazy. However, the villainization of Johansen by the fans and management here made me mad last year and even madder this year. I am happy to have Jones, but that doesn't excuse the front office of what they did to Joey. (Before someone says anything, Joey wasn't perfect either. In fact he started it.) anyway, I am thrilled for joey, am rooting like hell for him and Nashville right now, and wish him nothing but success. Also I can feel this way and still like/support Jones and the CBJ (not that you would imply otherwise, Viqsi, just pointing it out.)

Anyway again, joey is playing like a man possessed and this matchup with kesler is awesome
I get that, and I'm not fond of folks vilifying Joey either. I just don't see vilifying the front office and Seth Jones as a reasonable alternative, which is why I objected. :)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
You can't vilify a guy who vilified himself. It's like Rick Nash asking out. It's not hard to hate him for that especially being the captain. RyJo being benched in the AHL and then being lazy here and taking off days because torts stressing him and getting benched again until we had no choice but to trade him.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I get that, and I'm not fond of folks vilifying Joey either. I just don't see vilifying the front office and Seth Jones as a reasonable alternative, which is why I objected. :)

Unfortunately, with this situation it is kind of choosing between management, Joey, or in the middle. So I can get vilifying management/Torts or whatever, Jones is just caught in the middle. And after the season he had, doesn't deserve any vilifying.

Also, shoutout to me for saying villainizing instead of vilifying. College degree is doing wonders.

You can't vilify a guy who vilified himself. It's like Rick Nash asking out. It's not hard to hate him for that especially being the captain. RyJo being benched in the AHL and then being lazy here and taking off days because torts stressing him and getting benched again until we had no choice but to trade him.

This is just false. Comparing Nash's departure to Johansen is very weird and inaccurate. One publicly declared his intention to leave as the franchise player, and then tried to seem like the nice guy for a reason why (Team can get assets to improve with trading me. I appreciated the gesture, but just be honest) while the team was in its worst state in franchise history. While the other dealt with an offseason HEART scare coming into camp, acknowledged he was out of shape, and had a rough start. Sure, the AHL thing is valid and not a good look, but the dude was 20/21 and its the AHL, not Columbus. Did he float at times? Yeah he did. So has every skater on the roster. As much as people don't like to say it, dudes don't go all in all the time for 60 minutes in the regular season. It's not good, no, but its a fact. He just got more scrutiny because A. The team was sinking like the titanic and B. he was the best player and C. was struggling.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
They openly came out a d said it wasn't a heart issue. I think I actually saw that the heart thing turned out to be panic attacks and stress. But there was 0 heart issue other then metaphorically his lack of heart. I get people liking him because he was the beat C we ever had and was a big part of our most successful playoff run and was kinda a fan favorite... But he turned on the team. His agent and him caused major issues holding the team hostage and then came into the season the following year out of shape. And after being comforted with it unlike guys like Cam or Saad or Hartsy he still refused to go full speed. No team willingly trades a U23 1C who was coming off 2 great years and finally establishing himself. There has to be irreconcilable differences and that is highly unlikely to be from managements side unless stuff just goes extremely bad. You can't blame management there.

And he came out in an interview saying he needed to use that experience as a way to learn from his mistakes and mature but you can see by his comments after the ANA game and that whining you can tell he still has a lot of growing up to do. And being teamed with guys like Subban I highly doubt he will anytime soon.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
They openly came out a d said it wasn't a heart issue. I think I actually saw that the heart thing turned out to be panic attacks and stress. But there was 0 heart issue other then metaphorically his lack of heart. I get people liking him because he was the beat C we ever had and was a big part of our most successful playoff run and was kinda a fan favorite... But he turned on the team. His agent and him caused major issues holding the team hostage and then came into the season the following year out of shape. And after being comforted with it unlike guys like Cam or Saad or Hartsy he still refused to go full speed. No team willingly trades a U23 1C who was coming off 2 great years and finally establishing himself. There has to be irreconcilable differences and that is highly unlikely to be from managements side unless stuff just goes extremely bad. You can't blame management there.

And he came out in an interview saying he needed to use that experience as a way to learn from his mistakes and mature but you can see by his comments after the ANA game and that whining you can tell he still has a lot of growing up to do. And being teamed with guys like Subban I highly doubt he will anytime soon.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...e-in-off-season-but-current-illness-unrelated

He had the problem. It happened. That's why he came in out of shape. He admitted this. Not sure why this is being questioned. The dude plays with heart too, might I add. No, he wasn't sent home because of the heart issue, it was an illness (if you believe that, I don't, but thats whats reported. I personally believe he had a clash with Torts and since he was the new coach wanted to make a statement, so they sent him home) that sent him home. It's hard to look like you're going full speed when you're trying to catch up with everyones conditioning level.

I absolutely blame management. Not wholesomely, because no situation is all someones fault, as I said Johansen and his camp started the divorce. The first contract demand by the Joey camp was an absolute slap in the face and insulting. No denying this, however, his agent is doing whats best for his client and I have no problem with him TRYING to do whats right with Johansen, but it was a slap in the face for no reason. This started the divide, and management didn't make it any better calling Overhardt and extortionist.

His comments about Kesler isn't anything wrong. Kesler is an *******, he plays like one, he is one on the ice, and he is very good at it. Was it a bit much to say "I don't know how his family and friends can support a guy like that"? Yeah, maybe, but it's not like he went too far. It's the playoffs. This has nothing to do with his maturity level, and I would take Johansen and PK Subban on my team any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad