Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Former Lightning 1st round pick Riku Helenius calls it a career. He has also accepted a role as a development coach for Jokerit’s junior program.

71363400.jpg

riku-helenius-600.jpg

Reactions: berlin

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Way different eras to be comparing based on raw stats. No OT/SOs is going to lower his wins. Played during the high scoring 80s and 90s so that's going to depress his save percentage quite a bit - same with shutouts.

Agree. The only thing I wondered about there had to do with the way higher number of saves, but otherwise, yes, Roy's stats are between 1985-'92 and Vasi's 2015-'21. Very different goal scoring environments, essentially an unfair comparison.

And that so many of the goaltending wins leaders played the bulk of their careers post-2005, with cheap shootout wins tacked on, and that the NHL refuses to adjust for that...annoying but in absolutely no way surprising with the way the NHL does things.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Any of you guys read this about MacKinnon yesterday lofl...

The food stuff seems pretty reasonable. You can't out-exercise a bad diet.

Being a screamer about not getting every pass to his stick is a bit much. You've got to make things happen off imperfect passes in-game, so...

Reactions: gn2007

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
As long as Torts sees himself as potentially getting another NHL job, he's probably going to play it pretty safe on tv.

Let's hope not. I'd rather have the Torts NHL version of Barkley. It would become must see HockeyTV every night!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
As long as Torts sees himself as potentially getting another NHL job, he's probably going to play it pretty safe on tv.
I don’t know. When Torts was on TSN after leaving the Lightning he was his normal usual self. I don’t see the guy ever changing. He is who he is.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Ken Holland is f***ing mental.

That's gonna be among the worst contracts in the whole league as soon as Nurse steps on the ice the next time.

Reactions: Hoek and J T Money
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->